At Niagara, we're looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.Logistics StrategistThe Logistics Strategist uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, improve and/or control Logistics operations and processes. Strategists are responsible for root cause analysis, data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations to upper management that support Logistics management. This individual will be responsible to solve problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management goals and standards. Operates with minimal supervision and once given general assignments, prioritizes and executes tasks. Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, able to support and lead multiple projects, possess excellent communication skills, work well with a team, interact with multiple levels and functions with the Logistics organization, and able to manage vendor/business relationships.
The Logistics Strategist will provide warehouse management functional expertise in deploying End User Training and providing field support in the implementation of WMS technologies. Drive system & functional design through existing modifications and process reviews; identify opportunities for improvement in new base functionality, documentation of business requirements for any gaps or new functionality. This individual will review & rationalize existing processes, partner with Distribution Operations team to update SOPs and training materials; pilot & support execution of training to ensure successful implementation.
Role Responsibilities and Scope
- 25% - Utilizes quantitative skills to create and analyze reports to support business execution.
- Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs.
- 25% - Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology
- Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through strategic thinking, critical thinking and analysis
- 25% - Provides support, troubleshooting analysis, and recommendations to operations management
- Mentors and guides DC Managers and plant level associates
- 25% - Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping, and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility.
- Travel to fulfillment centers 30-50% of time to develop processes, refine content and deliver training
“Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.”
- 3-5 years – Years of Experience in a technical field or equivalent related work experience in Supply Chain Management, Distribution, Warehouse Management Systems, technical training, consulting, education, client management, system administration, project implementation or equivalent demonstrable skills
- 2-4 years – Years of Experience in Supervising Employees
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- 5-7 years – Years of Experience in the above required plus: Experience working in an instructional design role, experience developing instructor-led and web-based training in a corporate environment. Experience with MET FastTrack, Oracle UPK, WMS or comparable learning tools
- 3-5 years – Years of Experience in Supervising Employees
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Must be proficient in adult learning techniques, technical training skills, instructional design, business writing and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead both with and without authority; leading innovation and change; and excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- 3-5 years' experience preferably in a food grade manufacturing and distribution environment.
- In depth knowledge of distribution and warehouse functions, work group dynamics, measurement systems (metrics), and continuous process improvement techniques. (Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology are a plus)
- Prior use of a sophisticated ERP system (preferably Oracle 11i applications) – WMS (preferably a Best of Breed - Tier 1) and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to link business objectives to business activities.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, forward thinking-visionary, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Hands on experience with developing, implementing and managing distribution operations.
- Ability to build strong, positive rapport with associates in a team environment; ability to lead through personal example that communicates integrity, core values and consistency in decision making.
- Excellent analytical & people management skills, including conflict resolution, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork and performance management
- Ability to implement site standards and best practices to include policies, procedures and workflow development.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment and to manage multiple projects/priorities to meet specific goals & deadlines.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree in areas such as Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Business & Global Logistics or other related field or the equivalent in combined education and considerable professional experience in Education, Operations, Training or similar field may be considered an equivalent.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Graduate studies; logistics, operations research, computer science, business, engineering, management or education are preferred.
- Required: Six Sigma Green Belt, MET FastTrack, Lean Manufacturing
- Preferred: Six Sigma Black Belt, Training & Education Certifications related to business requirements
- Required: Elementary Proficiency
- Preferred: Full Professional Proficiency
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Apply on company website