At Niagara, we're looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.Logistics System EngineerSystems engineering is an interdisciplinary of engineering that focuses on how to design and manage complex engineering systems over their life cycles. Issues such as reliability, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements, and other disciplines that becomes more difficult when dealing with large or complex projects. Systems engineering deals with work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools in such projects. It overlaps technical and human-centered disciplines such as control engineering, industrial engineering, logistics engineering and project management. Systems engineering ensures that all likely aspects of a project or system are considered, and integrated into a whole.
Logistics Systems Engineers examine the logistics processes of their place of employment, including costs incurred, transportation, and the use of technology to aid the logistics process. By observing areas in need of improvement and making recommendations for the inclusion of technology such as intelligent conveyor systems and web-based warehousing software, they help to contain the costs incurred by the logistics process. Logistics Systems Engineers often direct the work of a team of logistics analysts, as well as reviewing contractual commitments and proposing logistics solutions for the organization.
The scope of the systems engineer embraces the design, development, production and operation of physical systems, and systems engineering. Systems engineering, in this sense of the term, refers to the distinctive set of concepts, methodologies, organizational structures (and so on) that have been developed to meet the challenges of engineering functional physical systems of unprecedented complexity.
Design, develop, evaluate and facilitate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes as well as coordinating the orderly transition and installation of new cost-effective processes and/or methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. This may include working with human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
- Conducts time studies, performs zero base analysis, rate analysis, network analysis, statistical analysis, flow path analysis and supply chain analysis.
- Develops metrics for business units within Global Logistics.
- Identifies Logistics process improvement opportunities through competitive analysis, and critical thinking.
- Supports and/or leads cross-functional strategic or process improvement projects.
- Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology.
- Develops reports and runs ad hoc queries.
- Identifies and develops business rules and standard operating procedures to streamline operating processes.
- Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models"
- Provides facility and capacity planning analysis for distribution and transportation functions in Logistics.
- Reviews and recommends system/software enhancements.
- Develops metrics and key performance indicators for assigned business units.
- Supports the development of Distribution, Logistics, & Warehouse process improvements in the plant, specific to Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Laser Guided Vehicles (LGV), Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (AS/RS) and various other automated or integrated material handling solutions.
- This includes design, specification, purchase and installation of new equipment, tools and infrastructure improvements with the assistance from a variety of plant team members.
- Drives the continuous upgrade of production facilities and processes through cost-effective capital projects to meet changing distribution & manufacturing requirements to maintain our competitive advantage.
- Works closely with the Plant Leadership Team, Facility Managers, Supervisors, and other key managers to develop and implement initiatives to enhance productivity.
- Responsible for driving process improvements as new technology installations, current process enhancements, and cost control initiatives.
- Uses fundamental engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze operational data/methods, identify performance improvement opportunities, and/or implement technology systems that meet business objectives.
- Provides analysis, reporting tools, and engineering support for field operations to effectively control and to justify operational costs.
- Logistics Systems engineering encourages the use of modeling and simulation to validate assumptions or theories on systems and the interactions within them.
- Use of methods that allow early detection of possible failures, in safety engineering, are integrated into the design process.
- Researches, analyzes, and effectively consolidates technical or engineering related information and presents for management review.
- Prepares with management guidance, accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis.
- Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results to team members and internal customers.
- Applies project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance.
- Develops progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review.
- Designs, develops, and implements mathematical modeling and optimization algorithms to deliver competitive intelligence and improvements in business processes, specifically, in the Supply Chain and Logistics areas.
- Interprets and analyzes the results of predictive and descriptive data mining models to assist in decision making.
- Develops production capacity models based on production information and forecasted sales.
- Works closely with cross functional teams, OEM's, and our team to develop efficient and effective methods to collect, analysis, and optimize data.
- Develops and deploys systems and models that will drive robust analysis and reporting to support accurate and timely value driven business solutions for the both short term and longer term strategies.
- Develops and improves reporting systems that intuitively detect, highlight, and illustrate developing trends and relationships allowing the organization to rapidly respond.
- Champions initiatives to improve the understanding of business optimization at all levels of the organization.
- Works closely with each the operations to drive consistency in systems where appropriate and provide technical support as appropriate.
- Combines solution results with graphics to create presentations and reports (PowerPoint, Word) for daily reporting both interdepartmentally and across multiple departments.
- This position requires up to 50% travel
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- 3-5 years – Experience in Industry, advanced material handling solutions & information technologies along with 1-3 lifecycle implementations of engineered automation systems with varied complexities
- 2-4 years – Experience in Project Management
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- 5-7 years – Experience in Industry, advanced material handling solutions & information technologies along with 3-5 lifecycle implementations of engineered automation systems with varied complexities
- 3-5 years – Experience in Project Management
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Proficient analytical skills to evaluate new business requirements, issues, think through complex, multidimensional problems and propose appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult business situations. Translates problems into practical solutions.
- Prior use of a sophisticated ERP system (preferably Oracle 11i/R12 applications) – OTM, and WMS (preferably a Best of Breed - Tier 1) with expertise in WMS functional modules (Warehouse Management (WM), Yard Management, and RF Scanning).
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data accurately with tight deadlines in a high stress environment.
- Must be able to interact with cross-department members of the organization as well as with end-users and business partners.
- Highly Collaborative: highly accountable and naturally works well with the team to seek innovative solutions and can identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to meet the company's Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Distribution business requirements.
- Ability to build strong, positive rapport with associates in a team environment; ability to lead through personal example that communicates integrity, core values and consistency in decision making.
- Excellent analytical & people management skills, including conflict resolution, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork and performance management
- Ability to implement site standards and best practices to include policies, procedures and workflow development.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multi-tasking environment and to manage multiple projects/priorities to meet specific goals & deadlines.
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelor's Degree In Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or Logistics Engineering or any related discipline of engineering, or the equivalent in combined education and considerable experience in similar field may be considered equivalent.
- Master's Degree In Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical or Logistics Engineering or any related discipline of advanced Engineering
- Required: Auto CAD
- Preferred: Simulation Tools & Modeling
- Required: None Required
- Preferred: Elementary Proficiency, Spanish
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Apply on company website