Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer, and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning, and disinfection products.
We're currently looking for a Sr. Director, Category Management, MTT and Face in our Orangeburg, NY location.
The Senior Director, Category Management, for all Nice-Pak Moist Toilet Tissue and Facial Categories, will be responsible for leading and directing a critical business unit within the Consumer Division. This individual will be responsible for the development, management, and execution of strategies to achieve the business plan effectively, objectives, and financial goals (sales and margin for the Company's MTT and Facial products). This position will drive all marketing activities. The incumbent will be fully accountable for the profit and loss of these businesses as well. This person will also be senior in the organization and responsible for recruiting, building, and developing the marketing organization into a high-potential team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Primary strategic lead setting business plans, sizing/analyzing markets, understanding competitors, and working to be “best in class” while meeting targets.
- Lead categories cross-functionally to deliver short- and long-term plans which include consumer insights, design to value, claims, building Customer, and consumer loyalty in the portfolio of products for Brands and PL.
- Build both the PL business in these categories through a combination of product, program, and promotional optimization interfacing closely with the sales force, brand team, and Customers.
- Recommend the new items or programs by account and coinciding financials encompassing store brand and NP branded items.
- Effectively interfaces with C-level management, cross-functionally, and with the Customer to demonstrate mastery of the category, provide recommendations and leadership including ensuring all programs and initiatives are executed with excellence.
- Synthesize all marketplace, competitive, consumer, financial, and product information as a platform for overall business strategy. Report out to GM, Field Sales, and Chairmen, implement plans to adapt, address, and win.
- Collaborate closely with GM to create top and bottom-line three-year plan for Nice-Pak Moist Toilet Tissue and Facial products business, incorporating both private label and branded business with the goal of achieving share growth in excess of the categories.
- Analyze the marketplace and customer programs and sets to identify means to drive sales in excess of category growth rate.
- Work with the Head of R&D and GM in designing a rolling 3-year innovation plan that includes innovation/value for the consumer (“design to value') and retail Customer.
- Develop and commercialize breakthrough technology across both the PL and branded segments.
- Continuously monitor NP and competitive products to ensure Nice-Pak products are on the leading edge of trends.
- Oversee the commercialization of initiatives.
PROFIT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMS:
- Identify all critical opportunities to improve the profitability of the Category
- Ensure organizational obtainment of profit improvement programs
- Partner with field sales to identify all opportunities by the customer for building and furtherance the business
- Participate in all critical customer meetings and drive all new opportunities to closure
- Build category marketing team through coaching, training, and development
- Coach, mentor, and raise the category team's ability to deliver and exceed expectations
- Measure the effectiveness of the category team and implement improvements as required
- Achievement of the operating plan
- Deliver best in class products (tested superior to competition)
- Achieve cost improvement objectives
- Increase market share for both private label and branded products
- Bachelor's degree; Master's preferred
- Ability to manage and navigate in a complex business environment
- Possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Retailer and consumer-focused, experienced in retail grocer, mass merchant, and drug chain business
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible private label and brand management experience in the consumer-packaged goods industries with special concentration on building new business.
- Demonstrated ability to work with R&D on product development.
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivate staff to exceed expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of financial and budget management
- Excellent analytical, communication, creativity, and organization/planning skills
- Travel may be required, both domestic and international
Visit us at LinkedIn
Apply on company website