The role of the Associate Director Packaging Development is a critical one for the Nice Pak organization as we look to maintain our existing products and enhance our innovation pipeline for our private label and branded wet wipes portfolio. The key responsibilities for this role will be to lead and execute new and innovative packaging solutions for our consumers and customers while addressing any packaging needs for the existing business. The Associate Director, Packaging Development, will be responsible for all packaging innovation and renovation for the Nice Pak organization and should leverage his/her broad network of packaging suppliers and innovative technology partners to help develop/co-develop innovative packaging offerings and consumer-driven solutions. This position is an ideal opportunity for any individual looking to leverage his/her creativity and technical packaging expertise to drive the business. He has the opportunity for career advancement in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Lead the package engineering technical function within Research & Development to support and deliver Renovation and Innovation projects.
- Lead and execute new and innovative packaging concepts and solutions for our wet wipes portfolio.
- Identify, create, and validate new packaging innovation opportunities and concepts working in collaboration with R&D, Marketing, and Operations.
- Leverage a network of packaging suppliers and innovative technology partners to identify emerging technologies and turn them into consumer-preferred and cost-effective packaging solutions for wet wipes.
- Identify and execute cost savings initiatives across the existing packaging portfolio.
- Develop and implement new laminate/web, lid, dispensing technologies, etc. using new models, test molds, prototypes, evaluate and assess the performance of new concepts and prototypes with consumers, and for technical, manufacturing and cost feasibility.
- Evaluate technical manufacturability and financial feasibility of new packaging innovations in collaboration with Operations teams.
- Ensure freedom of use for completed concepts and protect innovations when possible via patent and design filings.
- Identify consumer needs and market trends through tech-watch (market research, marketing, consumer testing, and suppliers).
- Continuously identify trends and insights, source technology innovations, as well as maintain benchmarks vs. industry peers, ensuring packaging outperformance in our respective categories.
- Own and maintain the portfolio of packaging specifications, test methods, and procedures.
- Routinely review consumer complaints to identify and correct any in market package concerns.
- Partner with Suppliers and Operations to proactively address any in operation/market findings across the current product portfolio.
- Achievement: Ability to deliver technical work on time, without issue and in a quality manner
- Ownership: Ability to demonstrate strong ownership of assigned projects and project workability to work independently
- Partnership Skills: Ability to work well cross-functionally, communicate effectively and work as part of a team to achieve objectives
- Entrepreneurial Skills: Ability to demonstrate creativity in the role, explore and deliver new and out-of-the-box solutions
- Bachelor's and MS in Engineering preferred
- Extensive knowledge of plastics, laminates and other essential packaging components
- Proficient in CAD (SolidWorks), Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and MS Office Suite including MS Project
- Expertise with prototyping techniques such as 3-D printing; plant/equipment experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a past focus on packaging innovation
- A passion for packaging with considerable experience in packaging and product development; experience in FMCG / CPG is preferred
- Strong understanding of the product development process, including management of key partners; design and engineering consultancies, toolmakers, and material converters
- Knowledge of Packaging Engineering processes such as product life cycle, change, and in-depth understanding of cGMP packaging design and change management requirements
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an appetite for exploring new and previously uncharted territories, an openness to change and challenge, and the ability to think outside the box
- Demonstrable skill in managing packaging/product innovation, including strategy development, and the identification, development, and delivery of impactful business and consumer optimized structural and functional packaging/product innovations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and our suppliers
- Strong understanding of the role of the consumer and business/brands and the ability to balance these needs alongside the rational requirements of the commercial business and technical constraints of manufacturing processes
- Proven results with building strong customer relationships, anticipating customer needs, and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- The position will work in a laboratory and office environment with some travel to manufacturing facilities, vendors, conferences, etc.
Visit us at LinkedIn
Apply on company website