There's never been a better time to join NJM! With a nationally ranked reputation for outstanding customer service and a history that spans more than a century, NJM is a leading provider of worker's compensation, automobile and homeowners insurance in New Jersey.
Become a member of our team and you'll be part of company who operates for the sole benefit of its policyholders and is committed to maintaining the highest levels of service. Team members are offered a competitive compensation
The NJM Facility Operations Department has an opening for a Sr. Groundsperson at our West Trenton, NJ facility. The successful candidate will perform all tasks required to maintain our 98 acre campus. These activities include, but are not limited to lawn and tree maintenance, plant and shrub care, as well as daily and scheduled responsibilities.
The hours are Monday –Friday, 7:00a.m. -3:30 p.m. and be flexible to work early mornings, late nights, and/or weekends when required.
• Make sure all work is performed in a safe manner and completed without interfering with NJM business or employee activities.
• Respond 24/7 to any adverse weather or emergent conditions that could impact company operations.
• Coordinate with all vendors and contractors performing repair or service work. Monitor work to assess level of service, progress and provide assistance as needed.
• Obtain proposals and process vendor invoices.
• Maintain proper inventories for equipment, products and supplies.
• Provide support for onsite NJM sponsored events.
• Complete seasonal tasks and special projects as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in landscape maintenance and grounds equipment operation.
• Current New Jersey State Pesticide Applicator's License or must obtain after hire
• Commercial Driver Medical Certification or must obtain after hire
• Ability to work extended hours including nights and weekends when required.
• Valid driver's license.
• Knowledge of equipment operation and preventative maintenance.
• Self-starter with good communication skills, strong organizational skills, and ability to solve problems.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
NJM is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business
Apply on company website