Noblis is seeking a Director, Business Development of Homeland Security for our Reston Headquarters location.
The Director, Business Development will report directly to Vice President of Homeland Security and will be a member of the Mission Area leadership team. This leader will lead and develop all of business development, capture and proposal management activities as well as, meet customers and partners and actively lead key captures and proposals. He/she will be expected to strengthen the Noblis BD pipeline that directly supports the growth goals across Noblis, of $100+ million of new revenue a year. He/she will continue to mature the development of a business development process for all mission areas that produces new business growth and core market sustainment. The selected candidate will lead the development of win strategies through competitive analysis, pricing analysis, teaming, solution reviews, and client engagement. Ensure that the appropriate strategic alliances are formed with other organizations (internal and external) to support our client missions and growth goals. The successful candidate must have past experience demonstrating success leading large capture and growth initiatives, and proven achievement in winning large and complex solutions opportunities. The Director of Business Development must develop a strategic vision for Noblis marketing and brand recognition. This includes proven experience creating marketing campaigns for programs that differentiate and create market position that fosters growth.
The Director, Business Development will have the opportunity to shape the function and build Home land Security organization's capabilities. It's an opportunity to have broad impact in a growing, mission-focused and highly principled organization. This individual will be able to be heard and make a difference. Duties will include:
- Lead the development of client-specific account plans designed for business expansion and relevance.
- Qualify new business opportunities.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with key clients in DHS and related agencies.
- Lead the development of win strategies through competitive analysis, pricing analysis, teaming, solution reviews, and client engagement.
- Lead development of corporate responses to solicitations and requests for information.
- Ensure that the appropriate strategic alliances are formed with other organizations (internal and external) to support our client missions and growth goals.
- Manage an independent intelligence competency in the customer, competitor, government and economic factor arenas to advise and support business development activities lead capture and proposal development efforts.
- Manage the integrity of both opportunity and competitive intelligence and drive new business opportunities through the gate review process into a competitive proposal environment.
- Maintain and enhance familiarity with the clients' business needs and familiarize clients with Noblis' entire portfolio of capabilities and solutions. Stay current in the offerings of all Noblis' capabilities.
- Support the consistent use of the Noblis business development/capture development process, which includes experience and familiarity with industry-standard BD processes, tools, and techniques.
- Well-established relationships in and across the Homeland Security Enterprise with decision makers, buyers, and influencers.
- Coordinate and support the development of training, tools and processes to facilitate Noblis business development activities. Provide the structure for business development Operations including pipeline management, investment management, proposal management, metrics development and change management.
- Provide direction to the Noblis Marketing team who build and protect the Noblis brand and help position the company to win top opportunities and enter new markets.
- Recruit, lead, train and manage a team of business development professionals and evaluate the staff charged with fulfilling the responsibilities listed above.
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in business development.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree preferred
- Established and successful in the federal market; cultivated solid relationships with DoD, Intelligence Community and civilian agency clients.
- US Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance, TS preferred.
- Must have experience with capture of large, multi-year opportunities, as well as facility with quick-turn/rapid response task order proposals. He/she must have experience with strategic identification and development of capabilities and client offerings.
- Ability to develop strategies that fit changing and diverse market landscapes.
- Played a lead role in the business development cycle by crafting strong solutions, demonstrative consultative selling and closing skills.
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external executives.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the federal acquisition process.
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment.
- Strong strategic thinking and project management skills.
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations.
- Experience building teams and driving enterprise-wide initiatives
- Ability to determine the staff and capital resource needs required to pursue new opportunities and win those opportunities.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website