Noblis is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator with demonstrated ‘hands-on' database engineering and administration of systems for complex and high volume data processing, using a variety ingest methods and data management techniques. Management includes a variety of data types, database functionality, compliance standards and availability requirements.
- Ensure database backups are performed and valid.
- Perform necessary tasks required by data owners and users such as account management and data migrations.
- Ensure various security requirements are met such as password changes and vulnerability scans.
- Patch the engineered and OEM systems are required.
- Monitor database performance and take corrective action if necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent technical discipline
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in directly performing all aspects in the lifecycle of database engineering and administration, including design to meet customer needs, install, deploy, data migration, maintenance, backup/recovery, patch and upgrade.
2+ years of experience designing, installing, administering, upgrading, patching and performance tuning Oracle databases.
- Experience with database security analysis and vulnerability remediation process.
- Experience with Oracle engineered systems such as Exadata, Big Data, MiniCluster or SuperCluster.
- Demonstrated experience in managing database systems in conjunction with datastore systems in high availability, system redundancy environments
- Current and practical expertise using Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Plus and SQL Developer
- TS/SCI w/poly required
- Demonstrated extensive experience in database architecture, design, and processing models as well as extensive experience with data architecture, modeling, and management in a broad spectrum of data repository environments, such as data warehouse, on-line transaction processing and hybrid.
- Experience with administration and configuration of database solutions for document and geospatial data/capabilities.
- Prior experience supporting database systems for the Sponsor or the IC for CT mission.
- Prior experience supporting database systems for data collections unique to the Sponsor or the IC.
- Experience delivering or integrating solutions using RDBMS technologies and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience transitioning solutions from RDBMS technologies to NoSQL technologies
- Competence writing, changing and understanding scripting in various languages such as Windows, Korn/Bash, perl, python
- Experience transitioning into Cloud environment
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website