The Software Engineer will design and develop complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on developer with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science, and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an Agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization's capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Hands-on experience with modern programming languages including Java, Java Script, Python, and other non-relational databases.
- Hands-on experience working with Elastic Search, Mongo DB, Docker, Kubernetes, Rabbit MQ, and NiFi.
- DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure with technologies like Ansible, Cloud Formation, Puppet, etc.
- TS/SCI w/poly required
We are looking for a candidate with hands-on experience and is familiar with one or more of the following software/tools:
- Experience with monitoring technologies like ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Linux (preferred) or Windows operating systems.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website