BASIC JOB FUNCTION :
To manage Human Resources department and assist in administration of human resources policies, procedures, and practices. This role will function as the central contact for information specific to human resources and facilitating implementation of the necessary systems to ensure associates are treated with dignity, fairly, and consistently.
• Demonstrate an understanding of legal guidelines that guide an employer to ensure all persons are treated ethically, morally, and within the requirements of the law. Knowledge and practice of FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEO, OSHA, COBRA, etc., and an understanding of how state laws differ from federal laws.
• Act as key recruitment contact. Review resumes/applications, coordinate interview process. manage pre-employment drug screening, and correlate job offer process.
• Develop community relationships.
• Responsible for all aspects of payroll processing. Process payroll information such as employment data, hours worked and rates of pay.
• Maintain training records and facilitate, develop and/or conduct training sessions that provide initial and ongoing training by working with the management team to ensure department and individual training is provided.
• Maintain personnel files with current compensation, benefit, performance, and mandated information, etc.
• Coordinate interview process, process applications, manage pre-employment drug screening, and correlate job offer process.
• Orient associates and maintain records for use in employee benefits administration and conducts meetings with associates as necessary to ensure all eligible associates are familiar with their benefit package.
• Act as the contact for any associates who need to report a Workers Compensation Injury. Coordinate facility efforts to ensure injured associates receive prompt medical attention. As necessary, maintain OSHA log in accordance with the act, correlate and communicate incident trends, and participate in safety team meetings.
• Create and maintain open door policies to ensure strong communication with the team.
• Promote the Company culture and increase employee morale through associate recognition programs such as employee of the month and manager of the quarter, birthday and anniversary celebrations, rallies and other spirited events.
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Computer skills to include Excel, PowerPoint, and payroll database applications.
• ADP/WFN experience preferred.
• Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
• 10 years of work experience
• Minimum 7 years of a Human Resources generalist and/or HR leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability to implement the HR plans and strategies and contribute to its refinement
• Hospitality experience a plus
• HR Certification completed or in process required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website