The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II is a staff level position reporting directly to the Supervisor, Laboratory Director and the Medical Director assigned to perform, interpret, and report accurate and timely laboratory testing in the sections of the laboratory assigned according to standard operating procedures and policies and in accordance with state and federal laboratory law. This position also may supervise technicians and other nonindependent practioners. Must be able to use critical thinking skills, make independent judgment based on knowledge of laboratory medicine and disease processes.
1. Graduation from an approved school of medical technology is required.
2. A B.S. is preferred.
Licensure and Certification:
1. State of California Clinical Laboratory Technologist License.
2. ASCP or equivalent desired.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. Meets state and federal requirements for supervising the performance of high complexity laboratory testing as outlined in CLIA 88 and the State Title for Laboratories.
2. Six years as a registered technologist in an acute care hospital desired.
3. Phlebotomy, basic medical terminology, typing, math and computer skills.
4. Able to work independently.
5. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skill in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups: Geriatric, Adult, Young Adult, Pediatric and Neonatal.
1. The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence
Apply on company website