Northern Light Acadia Hospital in the vibrant small city of Bangor, Maine is seekingPsychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitionersto provide adult inpatient care on our Observation Unit and our Adult Inpatient Service.
In this position, you will be responsible for utilizing research-based knowledge, skills, and experience to assess, diagnose, treat, and care for patients with psychiatric and substance use treatment needs.
- Provide mental health treatment via psychotherapy, medication management, and other interventions
- Consult with other healthcare providers
- Provide direct patient care
- Function as a clinical leader, resource, and preceptor for fellow staff
- Contribute to program development, guide group decision-making, implement plans, and improve quality of care
- Ensure all Behavioral Health patients receive appropriate evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and medical screening
- Maintain ability to provide Suboxone
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a regional, acute care psychiatric hospital that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to regional emergency departments. We offer innovative programming in behavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices, a Mood and Memory Clinic, intensive outpatient treatment, ECT, Ketamine, and an inpatient psychiatric treatment and observation unit. We are the sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare, which offers a substance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and other outpatient mental health services in surrounding Penobscot, Waldo, and Know counties.
Why Choose Northern Light Acadia Hospital?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Student loan reimbursement program
- Relocation and sign-on bonuses
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Leadership and teaching opportunities
Apply on company website