Subspecialty Physician for HIV Patient Care
The Division of Allergy/Immunology, Northwell Health Center for Young Adult, Adolescent and Pediatric HIV, are recruiting a physician with experience caring for HIV+ adolescents, young adults, and adults. This position requires current NYS licensure, joint certification in medicine and pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology, or Family Medicine. Subspecialty training in Adult and Pediatric Infectious Diseases is desirable.
- Provide comprehensive primary care services to HIV positive patients as well as providing services to HIV negative patients at risk for HIV post-exposure and Pre-exposure prophylaxis.
- Provide comprehensive primary care services including intake visits and longitudinal care.
- Coordinate with a multi-specialty medical team that services these patients and make appropriate referrals.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Provides education and anticipatory guidance for patients, risk reduction counseling, assesses levels of health literacy and monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Collaborates and provides low threshold HIV care (i.e., HIV counseling & testing, vaccinations, etc.) at designated community settings.
- Provides education in the community and to other medical providers.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Provides additional duties as assigned.
- Joint certification in medicine and pediatrics (Med/Peds), or Allergy and Immunology, or Family Medicine, with appropriate board certification one or more of these specialties.
- Current NYS license.
- 2-3 years of clinical experience in HIV/AIDS at the Instructor/Assistant Professor level
- Infectious disease certification
- Spanish language skills
- Experience with HIV positive LGBT patients
This is a FULL TIME position.
Apply on company website