Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist in examination and treatment plans under the direction of a physician
- Conduct intake on patients' vital signs (i.e. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height)
- Complete patient health history in the electronic medical record
- Knowledge of anatomy and proficient in medical terminology
- Will be required to draw and collect blood samples for patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis
- Might be exposed to bodily fluids during patient care
Key qualifications to be considered for this include:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- Requires Medical Assistant Certification or Medical Assistant Registration within 30 days of hire
- 0-3 years of related experience preferred
- American Heart Association BLS certification
- Friendly and professional demeanor and able to keep a fast pace during clinic hours
Northwest Health provides inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical and emergency services to the Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville, Johnson and Siloam Springs communities in northwestern Arkansas. We are your family, friends and neighbors, and we work with and for our community to provide quality healthcare.
With a combined active medical staff of more than 540 physicians, 2,200 employees and 487 beds, Northwest Health is one of the largest health networks in Northwest Arkansas with five hospitals and over thirty clinics. Our hospitals include:
- Northwest Medical Center - Bentonville
- Northwest Medical Center - Springdale
- Siloam Springs Regional Hospital
- Northwest Health Physicians' Specialty Hospital
- Willow Creek Women's Hospital
Northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic regions in America—a perfect blend of urban sophistication and small town charm. If you aren't local and haven't already discovered this, check out www.northwestarkansas.org to see why NWA keeps winning awards as a best place to live.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/M/V) and welcome you to apply.
Apply on company website