Do you enjoy the fast paced environment of emergency medical services? Do you have experience as a Paramedic If so, we would love to have you join our team here at Northwest Health.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Responds to emergency medical calls and interfacility transfers
- Provide advanced life support care to patients who are ill and/or injured.
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Functions under medical protocols approved by the medical director
Key qualifications to be considered for this include:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Registration with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) required
- Licensing by Arkansas Department of Health as a Paramedic
- 2 to 4 years of related experience
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) (or receipt within 90 days of hire)
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (or receipt within 90 days of hire)
About Northwest Health
Northwest Health Arkansas Paramed Transfer currently operates 12 ambulances to respond to emergent and non-emergent medical requests. The ambulance crew is staffed with a minimum of 1 EMT-B and 1 Paramedic.
With a Level III Trauma Center, working towards Level II designation, Northwest Health has board-certified trauma surgeons available as well as 24-hour cardiovascular and neurosurgery. The accredited Chest Pain Center along with the Stroke Center are known for their community outreach as well as high quality care. There are three ICUs available for patients in the region as well as expertise in treating burns.
Northwest Health provides inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical and emergency services to the Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville, Johnson and Siloam Springs communities in northwestern Arkansas. We are your family, friends and neighbors, and we work with and for our community to provide quality healthcare.
With a combined active medical staff of more than 540 physicians, 2,200 employees and 487 beds, Northwest Health is one of the largest health networks in Northwest Arkansas with five hospitals and over thirty clinics. Our hospitals include:
- Northwest Medical Center - Bentonville
- Northwest Medical Center - Springdale
- Siloam Springs Regional Hospital
- Northwest Health Physicians' Specialty Hospital
- Willow Creek Women's Hospital
Northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic regions in America—a perfect blend of urban sophistication and small town charm. If you aren't local and haven't already discovered this, check out www.northwestarkansas.org to see why NWA keeps winning awards as a best place to live.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/M/V) and welcome you to apply.
- Technical/other training degree or better
- High School degree or better
- 2 year(s): Previous experience as a Paramedic for a 911 service
Licenses & Certifications
- L-AR-EMT Paramedic
- C-AHA BLS Basic Cardiac
- C-AHA ACLS
- C-AHA PALS
Apply on company website