Staff Physician Critical Care Cardiologist
THIS PRACTICE IS A SUBSPECIALTY-BASED MODEL MADE UP OF HIGH-FUNCTIONING PROVIDERS WHO ARE COLLEGIAL AND DIVERSE. BACKED BY A WELL-ESTABLISHED CARDIOVASCULAR SERVICE LINE STRUCTURE THAT HAS MADE SIGNIFICANT INVESTMENTS IN TECHNOLOGY AND FACILITIES, WE PRIDE OURSELVES IN PROVIDING A HIGH LEVEL OF SERVICE AND QUALITY OF PATIENT CARE THAT MAKE OUR INSTITUTE A GREAT PLACE FOR A PROVIDER TO PRACTICE AND GROW.
JOSEPH A. LASH, M.D.
Executive Medical Director
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
NORTON HEART & VASCULAR INSTITUTE, a part of Norton Healthcare located in Louisville, Kentucky, is seeking a fellowship-trained, board-certified or board-eligible critical care cardiologist to join its program, which consists of 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians, more than 35 advanced practice providers and 200 support staff. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is a progressive group of practices that maintains more than 57% of the total cardiovascular market share, more than any other health care provider in our service area. It offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, including specialized programs for electrophysiology, structural heart defects, advanced cardiac imaging, and advanced heart failure, including mechanical circulatory support and cardiac rehabilitation.
Thanks to an endowment investment of up to $88 million from the Rounsavall Family Foundation, Norton Heart & Vascular Institutes new multidisciplinary clinic space will open in spring 2023 on the Norton Audubon Hospital campus. The investment also includes upgrading and expanding all catheterization labs across the Norton Healthcare system, as well as computed tomography (CT) machines for advanced imaging.
About the Critical Care Cardiologist Position:
- Develop and expand Norton Heart & Vascular Institutes cardiac critical care program
- Position will be primarily inpatient (80%+) but may have some outpatient office responsibilities for follow-up care prior to sending patient back to their primary cardiologist or primary care provider
- Oversee cardiology services in a 12-bed, dedicated cardiovascular intensive care unit (ICU) located at Norton Audubon Hospital, a three-time award-winning American College of Cardiology HeartCARE Center of Excellence
- Provider will work specifically in the ICU for cardiac patients but will be responsible for performing some related bedside procedures and reading diagnostic tests in the hospital
- Support the continued growth of the Structural Heart Program, including the addition of new procedures
- Support continued growth and development of established Norton Healthcare extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) services
- Join a multidisciplinary team to include cardiothoracic surgery and vascular surgery
- Opportunity to partner with the Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Advanced Heart Failure & Recovery Program, which includes four physicians and five advanced practice providers
Norton Healthcare Critical Care Services:
- Intensive care units at four adult-service hospitals
- Four American College of Cardiology-accredited chest pain centers
- Comprehensive cardiac surgery services: minimally invasive valve surgery, structural heart surgery, VAD implantation, hybrid ablation procedure, more than 5,400 neurosurgeries each year
- 1,907 system licensed beds, including 208 adult critical care beds
- Advanced circulatory support programs: ECMO and VAD
- Network of stroke care: one comprehensive stroke center, two primary stroke centers, one acute stroke ready center
Requirements For The Position:
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certification
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply on company website