Staff Physician Spanish Speaking General Cardiologist
THIS PRACTICE IS A SUBSPECIALTY-BASED MODEL MADE UP OF HIGH-FUNCTIONING PROVIDERS WHO ARE COLLEGIAL AND DIVERSE. BACKED BY A WELL-ESTABLISHED CARDIOVASCULAR SERVICE LINE STRUCTURE THAT HAS MADE SIGNIFICANT INVESTMENTS IN TECHNOLOGY AND FACILITIES, WE PRIDE OURSELVES IN PROVIDING A HIGH LEVEL OF SERVICE AND QUALITY OF PATIENT CARE THAT MAKE OUR INSTITUTE A GREAT PLACE FOR A PROVIDER TO PRACTICE AND GROW.
JOSEPH A. LASH, M.D.
Executive Medical Director Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
NORTON HEART & VASCULAR INSTITUTE, a part of Norton Healthcare located in Louisville, Kentucky, is seeking a fellowship-trained, board-certified or board-eligible Spanish speaking general cardiologist to join its expanding program which consists of 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians, more than 35 advanced practice providers and 200 support staff. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is a progressive group of practices that maintains more than 57% of the total cardiovascular market share, more than any other health care provider in our service area. It offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, including specialized programs for electrophysiology, structural heart defects, advanced cardiac imaging, and advanced heart failure, including mechanical circulatory support and cardiac rehabilitation.
Thanks to an endowment investment of up to $88 million from the Rounsavall Family Foundation, Norton Heart & Vascular Institutes new multidisciplinary clinic space will open in spring 2023 on the Norton Audubon Hospital campus. The investment also includes upgrading and expanding all catheterization labs across the Norton Healthcare system, as well as computed tomography (CT) machines for advanced imaging.
About the Spanish-Speaking General Cardiologists Position:
- Must be fellowship-trained in general cardiology
- Spanish as first language preferred
- Access to advanced technology and specialty care through the Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Advanced Heart Failure & Recovery Program, Atrial Fibrillation Clinic, Structural Heart Program, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation centers and additional subspecialty care programs
- Opportunity to work with diverse patient populations and do outreach in surrounding counties and with other affiliated organizations around the state
- Advanced practice provider first call structure
- Established collaboration with dedicated Spanish-speaking primary care office, Norton Community Medical Associates La Clnica Preston
- Support for scheduling from designated bilingual community access center team
- Collaborate with the Institute for Health Equity, a Part of Norton Healthcare, which is dedicated to identifying and removing obstacles that prevent people from receiving the health care they deserve, and eliminating disparities in care
Requirements For The Position:
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certification
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply on company website