GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH), we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We're continually seeking top talent who are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the NCLH family!
If you're interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) is a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
With a combined current fleet of 26 ships with approximately 54,400 berths, these brands of NCLH offer itineraries to more than 450 destinations worldwide.
NCLH will introduce eleven (11) additional ships through 2027. Our combined brands employ over 30,000 shipboard crew from over 110 different countries.
So as our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Assistant Photo Manager reports directly to the Photo Manager, the Assistant Photo Manager is the supporting role to the Photo Manager trained in all aspects relating to the Photo Manager. The primary function of the Assistant Photo Manager covers the following:
Responsible for the day to day running of the department sales operations (in the Photo Gallery and any other associated sales areas). The Assistant Photo Manager also assists the Photo Manager in all areas of team development and training, developing and introducing new products and initiatives, ensuring consistent delivery of all Photo Department products and services (as per Standard Operating Procedures and known best practices) and driving revenue and guest satisfaction in all department areas to achieve budgeted goals, with some involvement in day to day administration.
- Ensure image quality is maximized through feedback on Photographer performance and final print quality to Photo Manager and Lab Technician on a daily basis
- Ensure all photographs are displayed / sorted in photo binder system in a timely manner, and ensure the photo display panels / binders are kept neat, organized and presentable at all times, as per Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain sufficient retail and consumable supply inventories in the Photo Gallery at all times, accurately report inventory levels on a per cruise basis, complete Inventory paperwork for submission to corporate office, and handle all required inventory movements onboard (using MXP)
- Prepare all Freestyle Daily advertising and other required promotional material in coordination with the Product of the Day schedule and the overall sales and promotion strategy agreed with the Photo Manager
- Process all outsourced retail orders in a timely manner, and follow up on any guest requests/customer service issues referred from shore-side
- Promote the Photo Department through onboard functions (VIP party, Latitudes party, Photo events etc.) and by way of positive guest interactions whenever in public areas
- Construct positive working relationships with other department heads onboard, and liaise with them to assist with guest service requests, internal activities and cross-promotions and photo coverage/opportunities
- Maintain familiarity with the Safety and Environmental Management System and all applicable shipboard and department Standard Operating Procedures, and ensure the adherence of all Photo Department operations to these standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed by the immediate supervisor. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum one year experience as a photographer is required.
- Minimum one year experience as a shipboard photographer is preferred.
- Must have Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written skills in standard American English.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom; and MXP are required.
- Basic knowledge and experience to operate other advanced computer systems, touch-screen kiosks and perform basic computer troubleshooting procedures is preferred.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's Degree, professional certification or foreign equivalent from a recognized educational institution is strongly preferred.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE:
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50+ year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Most notably, Norwegian revolutionized the cruise industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation on their schedule with no set dining times, a variety of entertainment options and no formal dress codes. Today, Norwegian invites guests to enjoy a relaxed, resort- style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea with a wide variety of accommodations options, including The Haven by Norwegian®, a luxury enclave with suites, private pool and dining, concierge service and personal butlers. Norwegian Cruise Line sails around the globe, offering guests the freedom and flexibility to explore the world on their own time and experience up to 27 dining options, award-winning entertainment, superior guest service and more across all of the current 16 ships.
Oceania Cruises is the world's leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The line's six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivaled vacation experience featuring the finest cuisine at sea and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly crafted voyages aboard designer-inspired, intimate ships call on more than 450 ports across Europe, Alaska, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, New England-Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Tahiti and the South Pacific and epic Around The World Voyages that range from 180 to 200 days. Oceania Cruises has recently announced an order for two new ships, scheduled for delivery in 2022 and 2025. The two 67,000 gross ton Allura-Class ships will each accommodate approximately 1,200 guests.
REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES:
Regent Seven Seas Cruises offers the industry's most inclusive luxury experience aboard its all-suite fleet. A voyage with Regent Seven Seas Cruises includes all-suite accommodations, round-trip air, highly personalized service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, unlimited internet access, sightseeing excursions in every port, gratuities, ground transfers and a pre-cruise hotel package for guests staying in concierge-level suites and higher. In early 2020, Regent will perfect luxury with the launch of Seven Seas Splendor. Additionally, Regent recently announced an additional order for a 750-guest ship that will be the sister ship to Seven Seas Explorer and Seven Seas Splendor, scheduled for delivery in late 2023.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apply on company website