GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. Holdings
If you're interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) is a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
With a combined fleet of 26 ships with approximately 54,400 berths, these brands of NCLH offer itineraries to more than 450 destinations worldwide.
The Company will introduce seven additional ships through 2025, with an option to introduce two additional ships for delivery in 2026 and 2027.
The combined brands of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. employ over 30,000 shipboard crew from over 110 different countries.
As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Baker ensures a successful link between the Chief Baker and the bake shop. His/her primary role includes a professional, hands-on approach, which involves: leading, training, and demonstrating exemplary culinary skills and knowledge. The Baker is accountable for ensuring all NCL policies, procedures, and recipes are followed consistently. He/she will be assigned to train and coach new team members in the department. The Baker is to be prepared for additional culinary contingencies, which may occur within his/her outlet or in another outlet/venue.
• Strictly adheres to all standards, safety controls, portion specifications, methods and instructions from supervisor
• Continually trains, coaches, and recognizes team members to improve food quality while motivating team members
• Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
• Responsible for ensuring all ingredients are properly procured, stored, scaled, and prepared
• Consistently checks food handling and storage procedures while training team members to do the same
• Assists Chief Baker by documenting and maintaining a waste log to improve forecasting and production models
• Assists Chief Baker by adjusting daily requisitions to reflect trends and forecasts
• Maintain USPH/FDA standards for outlet
• Assists Chief Baker in adhering to budget constraints in regards, to labor, product, and equipment
• Assists Chief Baker by completing and delivering all reports, documents, and other items requested by supervisor to the chef's office/personal assistant.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Minimum one year experience performing all baking techniques and skills is required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of formulas and measurements including gluten development and staling is required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of starches, fats, sugars, liquids, eggs, leavening agents, salt, and flavorings is required.
• Minimum one year experience in training team members to understand and utilize baking principles including preparation, development and production is required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all dough types and techniques is required.
• Basic to Intermediate ability to create basic bread displays and showpieces is required.
• Minimum of one year of experience on cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
• Minimum of one year of experience in a bake shop is required.
• Minimum of two years of culinary experience (may be combined with formal culinary training) is required.
• High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
• Two year degree from a recognized culinary education establishment or foreign equivalency is preferred.
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE:
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 51-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Most notably, Norwegian revolutionized the cruise industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation on their schedule with no set dining times, a variety of entertainment options and no formal dress codes. Today, Norwegian invites guests to enjoy a relaxed, resort- style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea with a wide variety of accommodations options, including The Haven by Norwegian®, a luxury enclave with suites, private pool and dining, concierge service and personal butlers. Norwegian Cruise Line sails around the globe, offering guests the freedom and flexibility to explore the world on their own time and experience up to 27 dining options, award-winning entertainment, superior guest service and more across all of the brand's 16 ships.
Celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2018, Oceania Cruises is the world's leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The line's six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivaled vacation experience featuring the finest cuisine at sea and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly crafted voyages aboard designer-inspired, intimate ships call on more than 450 ports across Europe, Alaska, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, New England-Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Tahiti and the South Pacific and epic Around The World Voyages that range from 180 to 200 days.
REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES:
Regent Seven Seas Cruises offers the industry's most inclusive luxury experience aboard its all-suite fleet. Seven Seas Mariner's 2018 dry-dock refurbishment will conclude the line's $125 million refurbishment program to elevate the elegance of the whole fleet to the standard set by Seven Seas Explorer. In early 2020, Regent will perfect luxury with the launch of Seven Seas Splendor. A voyage with Regent Seven Seas Cruises includes all-suite accommodations, round-trip air, highly personalized service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, unlimited internet access, sightseeing excursions in every port, gratuities, ground transfers and a pre-cruise hotel package for guests staying in concierge-level suites and higher.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apply on company website