GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings family.
If you're interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.
THE BRANDS OF NCLH
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
www.ncl.com www.oceaniacruises.com www.rssc.com
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Engine Repairman's primary function is the maintenance and repair of the machinery and technical equipment, as directed by the First Engineer.
- Assists in repairs, as directed by the First Engineer, of machinery and equipment on board including but not limited to: piping, pumps, foundations, valves, decks, bulkheads, overheads, hatches, ladders, engines, evaporators, heat exchangers, etc.
- Keep repairman's workshop clean and organized
- Shall be familiar with and follow the Safety Management System including applicable responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan SEMS Contingency Plan and procedures and Station Bill.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures applicable for subject position.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of six months prior experience performing mechanical maintenance and repair working with heavy machinery is required.
- Minimum of one year experience is required in the following welding methods: ARC, Oxy-Acetylene, MIG and TIG; this also includes cutting and brazing.
- Basic level of knowledge and experience operating a manual lathe machine is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- A current Welding Certificate from an accredited educational institution is preferred.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian celebrates a corporate history of industry firsts, including being the first cruise line to offer weekly departures to the Caribbean from Miami and the first to offer youth-specific onboard programs and also onboard WiFi. In an ever-changing world, Norwegian remains a leader in the industry for providing premium guest experiences on cruises across the globe. Nobody does it better. Norwegian introduced Freestyle Cruising, which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility on a relaxed, resort-style cruise vacation. Our award-winning fleet of purpose-built ships – the youngest and most innovative at sea –visits more than 230 destinations worldwide.
As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family! We'll proudly welcome Norwegian Bliss to our fleet in Summer 2018, with several more vessels are scheduled through 2025. Recently, Norwegian was named “Europe's Leading Cruise Line” for the ninth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean's Leading Cruise Line” for the fourth time and “World's Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” for the fifth year by the World Travel Awards. Norwegian Cruise Line is officially listed on the NYSE, trading under the ticker symbol “NCLH” (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd).
Read more about Norwegian on our website:http://www.ncl.com
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apply on company website