RESPONSIBILITES / DUTIES: Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Employee is required to think and act with safety as the number one priority.
• Work hours may change, i.e.; 12-hour shifts, Rotating shifts, nights and weekend work should always be expected.
• Review Production Schedule with supervisor and machine operators at the star of each shift. Determines what products (e.g. 4-ply, 8-ply, 10-ply) is being run, and in what amounts, by checking production schedule and reviewing the Product Specification.
• Correctly interprets product data as found in the Product Specification.
• Advise Supervisor or Machine Operator if problems are noted that may impact production. The Backstand Operator pays attention to the paper quality, looking for spots, holes, wetness and tears.
• Maintains constant visual oversight of machine to detect potential problems.
• Maintains tag sheets for the purposes of inventory control.
• Stops and starts the in absence of the Machine Operator, or at the request of the Machine Operator
• Safely drives a forklift to and from warehouse to pick up and deliver products for placement on backstand.
• Physically assists Machine Operator to change over paper products on Delta / Hybrid II / UZ-Fluff
• Exercises caution to frequently use of company issued knife to cut excess paper from stub rolls used.
• Physically separates recyclable paper products from scrap.
• On an occasional basis, (e.g. if machine is “down”) may be required to work in other departments.
• Cleans backstand area with broom mop.
• Changes speed of backstand operation as necessary to maintain machine speed.
• Education/Work Experience: No prior experience or training.
• Language Ability: Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating procedure manuals. Also, must be able to write routine reports and correspondence. Person should be able to speak English one-on-one and before small groups.
• Math Ability: Must be able to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This person must be able to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions, Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills: None
• Travel Requirements: None
• Other (including certifications and licenses): None required
SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Monday – Friday or As Needed. Work Environment: Manufacturing environment that runs 24/7. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to twist, pull and bend; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Tools and Equipment:
Small cutting blade
Safety toe shoes
Cut glovesBackstand Operator
Hair net / Beard net
Apply on company website