Shipfitter Job Description:
NSC MARINE has an immediate opening for Shipfitters in Bremerton WA. 1st Class Shipfitter must have the ability to understand directions and follow instructions. Technically proficient in tasks, work processes, and equipment operation. Accountable for completion of daily work assignments, completion of work signatures, and QA signatures for completeness and quality of work.
Shipfitter Job Requirement:
- Must have dependable transportation
- Must be able to access local bases. So must be able to pass a military grade background check
- Must be able to safely operate a torch in all positions
- Must be able to bevel plate edges and TAO s using the correct joint design
- Must be able to complete work with little to no guidance from supervisor
- Must have minimum of 5 years of experience working on ships
- Must have basic knowledge of standard items and shop equipment
- Must have knowledge of WAFs
- Must be able to pass a Standard Jaeger s test chart for near vision acuity reading J1 letters or equivalent with or without corrective aids and pass a color vision test using Ishihara s tests for color deficiency
- Working 12 hour shifts with all of the OT that you desire
- Assures that tank/compartment has an updated safe for hot work ticket and that requirements of the ticket have been met. (Example: ventilation, lighting, safety equipment, etc.)
- Assures that conditions of the tank/compartment have not changed since the ticket was written. (Example: fuel run back, unsafe working conditions, etc.)
- Assures that any other safety issues are complied with that relate to the specific job being accomplished. (Example: special staging, face shields for grinding, protective clothing for hot work related jobs, breathing apparatus with correct cartridges, etc.)
- Assures that you are trained or qualified for the work you are assigned to do. (Example: JLG, forklift, welding, brazing, special electrical/mechanical repairs and etc.)
- Assures that you and personnel working under your direction are working safely and as productively as possible maintaining quality control at all times.
- Assures that the job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
- Assures that personnel have work package and the necessary drawings, technical manuals or specifications required for them to adequately accomplish their work assignments.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER AT: Recruiting.WA@ULGStaffing.Com
NSC MARINE Cares!
At NSC MARINE our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
- Medical Coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Assistance
- Long Term Opportunities
- Training and Career Growth Opportunities
- The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC MARINE is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC MARINE is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC MARINE is a drug free company. NSC MARINE is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
Apply on company website