Minimum of five years commercial/naval experience
1.Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
2. Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
3. Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
4. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
5. Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
1. All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes
2. Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints)
The Welding School will administer tests for the following qualifications:
1. Welders Vision Test (5 Minutes)
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 Hours)
3. Pre-heat and Interpass (1 hour)
4. Fire Watch CBT (2 hours)
5. Torch Safety test and practical (3 hours)
6. Welding Qualification tests for: 503, 502, 541, 725, 506, 659, 556, 650, 664 and 557 (Testing will run approximately 2½ weeks).
Apply on company website