1. Performs layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, modification, and testing of experimental components, materials, apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
2. Must have working knowledge and understanding of shipboard and industrial work practices on military bases and facilities.
3. Must be able to read, work and interpret shipboard drawings/diagrams.
4. Sets up and operates equipment, test apparatus, test equipment, and related equipment.
5. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
6. Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
7. Evaluates the form, fit, and function of components, apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
8. Records test procedures and results, performs routine analysis and calculations, and makes recommendations for changes in equipment, product or test method.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Performs technical tasks toward the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
Apply on company website