NSC Technologies is currently hiring Shipyard Competent Person Norfolk, Virginia, Area. The ideal candidate must have 2-5 years of experience.
Essential Job Functions:
Coordinates all work functions in confined and enclosed spaces by performing atmospheric testing to ensure the area is safe for workers and hot work.
Active Competent Person Certification
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct Atmospheric testing and space inspections to determine that the area is safe for workers and hot work.
2. Maintain and ensure calibration of atmospheric testing equipment.
3. Maintains records of inspections and tests.
4. Applies gas-free work scope process to production needs while ensuring compliance with NFPA 306 and associated regulatory requirements. Evaluates and coordinates the condition for Marine Chemist required inspections.
5. Test hollow structures for explosive atmosphere and recommends safe work practices.
6. Conduct training in confined and enclosed space entry.
7. Monitor sub-contractor's production activities to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and contractual safety standards.
Must have the ability to climb vertical ladders up to 100 feet. Enter confined and enclosed spaces. Distinguish colors, kneel, stand, squat, crawl in and out of holes, walk up to 5 miles a day, climb stairs, sit and reach. All the listed physical requirements listed are classified as frequent. Must be medically capable of wearing a respirator.
The job is performed primarily on board vessels, ships, crafts, and barges; however, 5% of the job is completed shoreside, in piping and electrical tunnels. May be exposed to extreme heat, cold, noise, heights, and confined spaces. Administrative tasks such as computer entry, record retention, and filing make up 30% of the job and are performed in an office environment.
OTHER JOB-RELATED INFORMATION:
Knowledge of vessel configuration with the ability to quickly locate areas on various classes of ships. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of Chemistry is helpful.
High School Degree 2 year(s) related experience :
NSC is an innovative staffing firm specializing in placing qualified, skilled, technical, and professional talent in virtually any market. We are experts in creating custom staffing solutions that fit the needs of any size business. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success.
NSC Technologies offers :
• Competitive pay
• Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
• Long term job opportunities
• Referral bonus if you qualify
• OSHA Training
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long-term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States. Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com.
NSC Technologies is a drug-free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D
Apply on company website