Note this role can be based in either Slough or Leeds
Here at O2, we're about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It's why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world's most innovative digital companies, we're able to open up all sorts of possibilities – not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 – it's time to get everyone in the room.
About the Team:
The Digital, Data & Innovation department is a technical centre of excellence for a number of technology domains that deliver services to the business and eventually to O2 customers. We develop O2 digital applications (e.g., MyO2, O2 Priority), IT capabilities for UK's Smart Meters and internal communication and collaboration tools for our employees, as well as Data, Analytics and Business Intelligence capabilities.
This is a unique opportunity for a Data Quality Engineer as O2 is about to accelerate new ways of generating insight from big data to improve customer experience, drive operational efficiency and identify new opportunities for growth.
In your role as Data Quality Engineer you will be part of the Data Management and Quality team responsible for overseeing the processes, tools and governance around our new wave of big data capabilities.
The Data Management and Quality team will be responsible for data quality, availability and access management, helping to implementing a data governance organisation within O2 to ensure the right data is available at the right time to the right users, and that we continuously improve processes to ensure data is complete and accurate.
You will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise and domain point of contact in the Data Quality subject area to colleagues and projects; utilising personal experience gained over a number of years working within the data quality arena.
You'll also ensure compliance with O2 data governance and policies, including proactive auditing. Your ability to present a persuasive case for compliance in your interactions with Data Stewards and teams across the business will be a key success factor in this element of your role.
- Contribute and support the definition and deployment of the strategy and principles for data management and data quality for O2, compliant with regulation and O2 data policy.
- Confirm, define and enforce data quality requirements within projects and business as usual capacity, ensuring adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Lead the management of data breaches and the remediation processes; helping to resolve data quality issues.
- Ensure O2 policies are applied within the domain and by our suppliers.
- Understand and help to shape the policies around data quality.
Skills & experience:
- An active passion for Data Quality and wider data concepts, processes and considerations
- Data Quality experience including data quality frameworks
- Technical skills and acumen, experience in writing SQL queries, knowledge and experience of MDM/ data quality tools such as Ataccama (preferable) or Informatica, SAS, etc (acceptable)
- Interpretive skills such as an ability to understand identify and describe potentially complex situations, large sets of data and data structures whilst analysing root cause failure
- Strong stakeholder management skills to shape the way we work, including the ability to challenge senior members
We'll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we'll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.
Apply on company website