Location: Slough but flexible for other locations
We are O2, the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. We put our 25 million UK customers at the heart of everything we do, so we can use our technology to connect them to the experiences they live for.
And just like our customers, we open up exciting possibilities for our employees too. Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. These are just some of the reasons to join us.
We're always on the lookout for great talent, and we're all about inclusivity. We want to be a true reflection of our customers and their communities, to help us make the best decisions. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 – it's time to get everyone in the room.
What do the team do?
Tesco Mobile is a highly successful Joint Venture between TEF UK and Tesco. We are a growing and profitable business with >5m customers.
Tesco Mobile is a great place to be. There's lots to do and we're after a proactive Solution Designer to join our Architecture & Design Team.
How will you fit into this?
As Solution Designer, you will work to define and shape end to end designs across Tesco Mobile. If you like a challenge and are keen to join the team then we'd love to hear from you.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
- Producing design documentation to define scope and user experience for assigned Tesco Mobile projects
- Reviewing supplier specifications to ensure it matches the requirements of the key stakeholders
- Support end-to-end testing of new capability so that it is aligned with user's expectations and with minimal issues, post go-live
- Acting as the key contact for Tesco Mobile business acceptance when post-implementation issues need further analysis or might impact more than one supplier
What we need from you:
- Experience working in Telecoms Industry, or similar IT-based role
- Engineering or IT-related degree level qualification or equivalent
- Solid technical background, including experience with one or more of: self-care systems, webservices, billing, hardened APIs, eCommerce and retail systems
- Good communications skills, with the ability to explain the impact of different options or issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Proven track record of delivering solutions across multiple supplier platforms and impacting on multiple stakeholders, in a timely fashion and with minimal post-live issues
Salary and benefits:
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
If you have any questions about the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.
Apply on company website