Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services from short-term to long-term care and a wide variety of living options and professional clinical services. We are changing how care is delivered by bringing together people like you -- passionate, highly skilled and motivated to make a difference.
Join the Genesis family as the Mental and Behavioral Health Director where you will develop, plan, organize, evaluate and assess the overall operation of the Mental and Behavioral Program. This Program will therapeutically address the needs of individual patients/residents with psychiatric diagnosis.
*Collaborative role within the nursing center with administration, medical, nursing and other staff
*Lead, guide and direct the Mental and Behavioral Program staff.
* Review and evaluate all prospective patient referrals for admission to determine appropriateness relative to Mental Health Program criteria and capabilities.
* Serve as or delegate staff to serve as liaison with the hospital during patient/resident re-hospitalization to ensure continuity of care.
* Participate in the development of a written, interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient/resident that identifies strengths, needs/issues, choices, preferences, and appropriate interventions.
* Oversee and/or facilitate therapeutic groups for patient/residents.
* Employ a strong Quality Assessment - Performance Improvement (QAPI) process for the department and participates on the center QAPI Committee.
We improve the lives we touch through the delivery of high-quality healthcare and everyday compassion!
*We Care Deeply about YOU! Guided by our Core Values, Code of Conduct and Ethics program, we foster a culture of care and compassion. We focus on improving the quality of care through creativity and innovation, honesty and integrity in all we do.
*We Develop YOU! We provide career ladders, education and training opportunities so you can build a long and successful career with Genesis.
*We Appreciate YOU! We value your contributions to the Genesis mission and vision and instill an environment of teamwork and enjoyment in working together. We recognize and celebrate our shared successes.
*We are Committed to YOU! We know you are the vital link between Genesis, our patients and residents! We inspire you to be your best self.
*We Protect YOU! We take great pride in meeting or exceeding CDC and CMS standards. We've acquired and maintained a necessary supply of PPE, including N95/KN95 masks for all who provide care. We have in place multiple testing capabilities including Point-of-Care (POC) testing in every location according to CMS and local guidance.
*Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Counseling, or related field required. *Master's degree preferred. *Licensed in respective discipline. * Five years of direct care experience (in respective discipline) in mental health care delivery. *Three to five years of experience in an administrative capacity in a regulated healthcare setting. * Two or more years of experience providing clinical supervision in a mental health/substance abuse setting. * Advanced professional certification such as Mental Health, Certified Addictions Counselor, Clinical Social Worker, etc. preferred.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 380404
Center Name: Oceanside Center
Apply on company website