Supported by the systems aggressive growth plan, Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge and the Gastroenterology Department is seeking 3 Board Certified/Board Eligible GASTROENTEROLOGISTS to join its expanding practice.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION:
- Clinic-based position with dedicated endoscopy days
- State of the art Endoscopy Lab with latest EUS equipment, impedance, pH and manometry capability located at Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge
- Clinic located in Baton Rouge with rotation to suburban clinics
- Weekly call rotation shared amongst physicians within the group (clinic and hospital consult)
- Team of Advanced Practice Professionals assist with consults, follow-up clinic appointments, and patient overflow
- Complement services immediately offered at Ochsner Cancer Center Baton Rouge and those to be delivered at Ochsner High Grove, a new medical office complex with surgical and in-patient capabilities scheduled to open in early 2019
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists onsite
- Integrated practice model with strong, internal referral network
- Support available from specialists throughout the Ochsner Health System
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
ABOUT OCHSNER HEALTH SYSTEM - BATON ROUGE
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed facility, Ochsner Cancer Center Baton Rouge and 13 Ochsner Health Centers across Tangipahoa, Livingston, East Baton Rouge, Ascension and Iberville Parishes. Nearly 2,000 employees serve our patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 180 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers whose collective dedication to patient care is recognized for quality excellence by Beckers Hospital Review, Healthgrades, Truven Health Analytics and Leapfrog. Ochsner Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health System, Louisianas largest non-profit healthcare delivery system. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a Best Hospital across four specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and 80 countries worldwide each year.
CALLING BATON ROUGEHOME
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisianas vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it one of the most populous cities in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS RECEIVED BY OCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER BATON ROUGE
Beckers Hospital Review
Only Louisiana hospital ranked in Beckers Hospital Review 100 Great Community Hospitals(2016)
Care Chex, a division of COMPARION
Ranks in the top 10% of hospitals in the nation for medical excellence in 7 clinical categories including Overall Hospital Care, Overall Medical Care, Cardiac Care, Gastrointestinal Care, Neurological Care, Heart Attack Treatment, and Stroke Care.(2017)
- Patient Safety Excellence Award (2017, 2016, 2015)
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (2017)
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award (2017, 2016)
- Coronary Intervention Excellence Award (2017, 2016)
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award (2016)
- Earned an A grade in patient safety (2017, 2016)
- Truven Health Analytics
- One of only 10 hospitals in the United States to receive the Truven Health Analytics Everest Award
- Only hospital in Louisiana named in the Top 100 Hospitals (2017, 2016)
- Only hospital in Louisiana to be named to the"50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals" (2016)
Supported by the system's aggressive growth plan, Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge and the Gastroenterology Department is seeking 3 Board Cer...
Apply on company website