Position: Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
Location : Geneva, IL
Individual will work within the production facility and/or Region and will be primarily responsible for performing, documenting, and scheduling all maintenance tasks related to servicing coating and all support equipment within an assigned facility. Individual will be expected to perform maintenance as defined in existing Equipment Manuals as well as inventory spare parts. The Service Technician plays a key leadership role in directing and improving the performance of existing equipment which directly impacts the overall production output within a facility. The position may indirectly supervise the work of others as well as require informal mentoring/ coaching of others.Responsibilities
- Maintenance of Center Equipment – Provide preventative and emergency maintenance on all production and facility equipment such as coaters, carousels, blasters, cleaning lines, air compressors, etc. Provide appropriate documentation as required. Ensure machines are maintained to BHQ and PTT standards
- Spare Parts – Plan, purchase and maintain proper inventory levels required to minimize downtime, yet control inventory dollars as required.
- Safety – Ensure safety measures are met, technicians are practicing safe work habits.
- Organization – Keep a clean, well organized work area, including power alleys, support systems and equipment
- Training – provide training for coating technicians in areas such as load building, batch-to-batch exchanges, and 80 batch maintenance
- Participate as a key member of the Management team within the production facility
- 2 year degree (AA) and/or relevant industry certification in an electro-mechanical discipline. Equivalent experience may be substitute.
- 2+ years' experience working with vacuum technology, automotive, HVAC, and/or industrial equipment repair
- Experience interpreting various mechanical and electrical schematics along with the ability to troubleshoot equipment using schematics
- Must be detailed-oriented with a strong work-ethic and a possess a sense of urgency to be successful
- Must be accessible 24 hours a day per scheduleto respond to service emergencies which could lead to equipment failure/ downtime
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
Apply on company website