The incumbent is responsible to Lead the U.S Logistics Team and assist the Global Logistics Manager on key tasks which belong to the Global Metco Regions. Supports Global and Regional logistics projects and takes over responsibility on certain initiatives.Responsibilities
• Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
• Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
• Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
• Negotiate transportation rates or services.
• Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
• Supervise the work of logistics specialists or schedulers.
• Prepare or file environmental certification applications when applicable.
• Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
• Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
• Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
• Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
• Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
• Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
• Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
• Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
• Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
• Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities
• Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
• Budget responsibility for Logistics and Distribution related costs
• Must be able to effectively apply knowledge to day to day transactions, with clear understanding and due diligence.
• Should be able to provide strategic consultation, assistance and guidance on all import/export compliance issues. • Thorough understanding of US Customs Regulations, knowledge of U.S. Import and Export Controls and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule including requirements such as : • Import Entry Process • Tariff Classification • TSCA • NAFTA • Understanding and knowledge of Customs compliance programs, policy, operations, and systems.
• The role will have some focus on supporting the cross-border movement of goods, minimizing Customs risk via compliant practices, developing new tools, and supporting future international business needs.
• Experience in business application of import/export regulations and the ability to identify and solve critical customs issues
• Provide strategic guidance on the incorporation of trade compliance requirements into the Company's existing business processes.
• Ability to describe complex processes/circumstances (process descriptions, work instructions)
• Capability to teach trainees on all hierarchical levels
• High social competence
• Self-motivated and target-oriented work style
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Excellent technical understanding
• High intercultural competence
• High motivation for life-long learning
• Flexibility and mobility (incl. international travel)
• Good working knowledge of Windows OS and Office package products
• Familiarity with state-of-the-art IT systems (both ERP and add-ons) for trade compliance (SAP/GTS)
Education and work Experience:
• University degree or equivalent in logistics, or foreign trade, economics
• 5+ years' international trade experience managing - import/export and compliance programs.
• Proven success in the implementation of internal control systems
• Excellent network to authorities, associations etc.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Apply on company website