Position Title: Precision Components – Field Sales Engineer/Product Manager
This position is a road warrior and the focus is to obtain new business in the oil and gas industry and focus is to obtain large global accounts. We are looking for someone that has experience in selling PVD or surface treatments. If you know the coating industry, you will work with the customer on the proper application.
Looking for opportunities with a global, industry leader? Oerlikon Balzers is the leading global supplier of PVD coatings and other surface technologies that significantly improve the performance of precision components as well as metalworking and plastics processing tools. We are looking for an energetic, goals-driven, result-oriented, and high-energy candidate! If you have the passion and ambition, then we want to hear from you!
The Sales Engineer, manages, develops, implements sales and marketing activities to maximize sales of an assigned product within as a segment of Balzers business. This role will also be responsible for to identifying potential customers by generating leads garnered through prospecting, current customers, trade shows, etc., The Sales Engineer is also responsible for developing consultative relationships with customers to understand and deliver on their requirements. As such, this position will be responsible for working within the sales/marketing hierarchy to develop strategies for his/her assigned product and segment based on research and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify new industries with potential customers as well as penetrate existing industries within the assigned market segment to grow Balzers' products and services
- Negotiate and close sales opportunities in a timely manner with a focus on servicing the customer's needs while generating profitable and long-term business relationships
- Manage the designated Balzers CRM tool to forecast monthly sales potential
- Provide project leadership as necessary to facilitate the acquisition of business and successful delivery customer requirements
- Drive market segment development and product penetration using analytics and experience
- Work within existing sales/marketing structure to facilitate segment growth, communication and customer issue resolution as necessary
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high morale with all production personnel
- Maintain prompt communication with customers
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to engage stressful situations with clear thinking and professionalism
- Must be able to resolve conflicts quickly and maintain a high worker morale
- Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering or related discipline required (equivalent experience may substitute). MBA preferred.
- Experience selling industrial services or products to at least three (3) of the following industries: Aerospace, Fluid Power, Power Generation, medical and Off Highway Equipment.
- Experience selling in PPD, PVD, and/or surface treatments industry is preferred.
- Strong proficiency developing segment/product/ market analysis, competitive intelligence, and sales forecasts
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and interpret technical requirements (i.e., technical drawings, prints, etc.)
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15,000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion.
What we offer!
Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including amazing medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, Short and Long Term Disability, and great time off, 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Apply on company website