Product & Process Engineer Location: Westbury, NY
The Product & Process Engineer is the subject matter expert of the products and manufacturing processes within the Westbury Materials Operations Team. He or she supports the day-to-day powder manufacturing operation and leads continuous improvement projectsResponsibilities
Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a technical resource for Production personnel.
- Sustaining/improving product quality.
- Managing technical projects, under some guidance of more senior-level engineers or engineering manager.
- Identifying and executing continuous improvement projects (yield improvements, cost savings initiatives, cycle time reductions, etc.).
- Identifying and validating new equipment to optimize/improve manufacturing processes.
- Supporting various capital expenditure projects.
- Leading and supporting root cause investigations.
- Addressing nonconformances.
- Implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Maintaining SAP master data (BOMs, recipes, etc.).
- Working closely with the Controller on product costing and other financial analyses.
- Transferring new products and technologies from R&D to Production (scale up).
- Creating, updating, and providing training on work instructions, manufacturing batch records, and other documentation.
SAP Transactions: __ Proficiency in SAP is preferred. Standard and custom transactions within SAP PP-PI will be used.
Computer Programs and/or Internet Sites: __Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Project, and Access, as well as AutoCAD and Minitab, is preferred.
Level of Knowledge of those Programs: __See above.
Manual Tools: __Basic knowledge of electro-mechanical equipment/systems.
Machines: ___ Basic knowledge of electro-mechanical equipment/systems.
Soft Skills: ___Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work within a cross-functional team. Ability to train personnel with a wide range of skill levels on various techniques/processes.
Governmental Guidelines / Regulations; etc: __Familiarity with ISO 9001/AS9100D or other quality management systems is preferred. Familiarity with industry-standard safety regulations is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy, Materials, or Chemical Engineering with preferably 5-7 years of manufacturing experience in a chemical or pharmaceutical environment, preferably involving the handling or production of materials in powder form.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people in various departments across all levels of the organization, including production personnel and senior management.
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of powder manufacturing and thermal spray processes.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, and maintenance and facilities activities.
- Knowledge of lean and six sigma methodologies.
Medical, Dental, Vision
401K (as of day one)
Paid Life Insurance and AD&D InsuranceAbout us
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Apply on company website