Position: Quality Specialist
Location: Brunswick, OH
Looking for opportunities within a global industry leader? Oerlikon Balzers is the leading global supplier of surface coatings for metal working tools and we are looking for a strong Quality Coordinator.
In this critical position you will provide leadership and a hands on approach to problem-solving to ensure customers are fully satisfied with the company's service. The Quality Coordinator will report to the Regional Quality Manager and maintain the quality system within the Brunswick service center.Responsibilities
- Drive corrective and preventive actions using KPI inputs with a focus on effective root-cause analysis
- Support quality planning process
- Provide product quality analysis via various testing methodologies. Support Material Review and disposition of non-conforming product
- Manage Quality System documentation, gauge inventory, audits, reporting of quality system status/key process indicators
- Train production personnel in quality system requirements, processes, and procedures as required
- Demonstrated experience in the application of quality theory and tools.
- Minimum 2 years in a technical quality position or experience in tool coating
- Proficient in reading, speaking, and writing in the English language
- Action oriented individual who drives for results in managing the Quality Management System
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency to include Windows, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong familiarity with various inspection equipment.
- Technical Degree in Quality, Manufacturing, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Professional certification (ASQ or similar) in relevant quality disciplines
- Well versed in ISO 9001:2015 QMS requirements
- Experience in LEAN strategies to support and drive continuous improvement
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Apply on company website