The Quality Systems Engineer at Oerlikon Metco will work with various departments to lead continuous improvement activities using a structured problem solving and continuous improvement approach at the Westbury, NY facility. The QSE will coordinate customer returns and complaints and lead process and management systems audits. The QSE will monitor nonconformance trends, facilitate the corrective action process and administer the document control system ensuring continued conformance to the requirements of the AS9100D Standard.Responsibilities
- Leads training and ensures process and system audits are performed on schedule.
- Performs process and system audits.
- Coordinates the customer complaint process in SAP including handling and disposition of returns.
- Facilitates corrective actions and ensures issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitors key performance indicators and drives continuous improvement initiatives using lean concepts.
- Participates in risk assessments and process FMEA maintenance.
- Member of the Material Review Board.
- Supports the continued development and maintenance of the quality awareness program for new hires.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience working within a Quality Management Systems is preferred, with knowledge of AS9100 and ISO 9001 Standards.
- Experience interpreting charts, graphs, engineering specifications, work orders, and product data sheets to solve problems.
- Certified Quality Engineer and Lean Six Sigma Green or Black belt is an advantage.
- Ability to use problem solving techniques and root cause analysis including 8D and 5 Whys.
- Ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be customer focused and a team player and be able to get results from a cross-functional team.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Material Science/Chemistry or Engineering or other science degree with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Relevant competencies with MS Office tools, Visio, Minitab, Project Management and SAP.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to represent the company professionally and communicate clearly and confidently.
401k MatchAbout us
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Apply on company website