Position: SAP Business Analyst Location: Plymouth, MI
Position Summary and Essential Duties:
The position is responsible to make sure SAP Manufacturing and other applications are available for smooth running of business operations at both the sites. This person serves as a go-to person for the business users at these sites for all the manufacturing related applications (SAP being the primary) support needs. This role calls for high focus on the customer service, passion and urgency to resolve end-user issues. This resource will also function as a team member in the Americas Regional IT applications organization.Responsibilities
- Analysis of business processes and developing multiple solution options
- Functions as a solution architect involving SAP & Non-SAP systems
- Strongly promote and implement SAP based Best Practices
- Set up/Configure In-Scope processes in SAP
- Develop Training content and Provide end user training
- Develop test scenarios and participate in formal test cycles such as integration test or user acceptance test
- Works closely together with other functional teams to secure system integration
- Leads projects hands-on and supports project manager
- Closely collaborates with SAP & Business teams to identify, evaluate and implement continuous process Improvements
- Participate in the regional on-call support schedules on as-needed basis
- Function as the primary Go-to resource for SAP support
- Other tasks as needed or indicated by management
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 to10 years of IT experience in Manufacturing Industry(Preferably Chemicals)
- Minimum 5 years of solid SAP experience in a functional role in PP/PI
- Additional experience in QM, MM and LE Modules is required
- Must have worked on 2 to 4 full life cycle SAP implementations
- Experience in PM and SD Modules is a plus
- Excellent written and Verbal communication skills in English
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card(GC) holder due to job responsibilities
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Metco enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Metco serves industries such as aviation, energy, oil & gas, automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Apply on company website