Location: Brunswick, Ohio
Individual will work within the production facility and will be primarily responsible for performing, documenting, and scheduling all maintenance tasks related to servicing coating and all support equipment within an assigned facility. Individual will be expected to perform maintenance as defined in existing equipment manuals as well as inventory spare parts. The service technician plays a key leadership role in directing and improving the performance of existing equipment which directly impacts the overall production output within a facility. The position may indirectly supervise the work of others as well as require informal mentoring/ coaching of others. The service technician directly reports to the Area Service Manager and has a dotted line report to the Center Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule time with production to make sure the preventative maintenance is being performed on time (based on the calendar that was set up with the Area Service Manager)
- Perform and document the preventive maintenance on all equipment within the facility
- Provide emergency equipment repairs in order to production running at all times
- Comply with all equipment standards set in place by the equipment manufactures
- Check the equipment for shutdowns and process interruptions and create an action plan to resolve the issues
- Make sure equipment reliability is within target and data is up-to-date on the server at all times.
- Plan, purchase and maintain proper inventory levels required to minimize downtime, yet control inventory dollars as required.
- Ensure safety measures are met, technicians are practicing safe work habits
- Keep a clean, well-organized work area, including power alleys, support systems and equipment
- Provide training for coating technicians in areas such as load building, batch-to-batch exchanges, and 80 batch maintenance
- Exhibits a sense of urgency in their daily activities when the equipment within their facility is not capable of running production
- Responsible for the completion of Technical Directives and communication of Technical Information within their facility
- Participate as a key member of the management team within the production facility
Additional Duties and Responsibilites:
- Assists the development of an internal inventory management process for production at their facility
- Assists in the installation of equipment and retrofits within their facility
- Supports the Production Technology Department with projects within their facility
- Communicates effectively with the Area Service Manager and the Center Manager
- Additional service related projects
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 2 year degree (AA) and/or relevant industry certification in an electro-mechanical discipline. Equivalent experience may be substitute.
- 2+ years' experience working with HVAC, vacuum technology, automotive, and/or industrial equipment repair
- Experience interpreting various mechanical and electrical schematics along with the ability to troubleshoot equipment using schematics
- Must be detailed-oriented with a strong work-ethic and a possess a sense of urgency to be successful
- Must be accessible 24 hours a day to respond to service emergencies which could lead to equipment failure/ downtime
- Cooperative Relationships
- Drive for Results
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Apply on company website