Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for an Electronic Assembler III to join us in our State College, PA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
Electronic Assembler III performs a wide variety of mechanical assembly operations. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in assembling cables, soldering, bonding, testing, troubleshooting and manufacturing of transducers. Has a vast knowledge of the various build processes within the department. Demonstrates advanced Sensor manufacturing skills. Efficiently completes daily tasks according to the standard times without sacrificing the quality of the product. General knowledge of the MRP system.
In a typical day, you will:
* Adhere to policy and procedures to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
* Has substantial understanding of company policies and procedures and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of assigned tasks and adherence to production plan schedules while producing high quality products to standards.
* Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
* Ability to manufacture and test sensors.
* Ability to design and fabricate support tooling and generate assembly procedures used for the sensor fabrication process.
* Normally receives little instruction on daily work, and general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
* Act as a champion of the Company's Lean and Continuous Improvement programs.
* Time and attendance are in accordance with company policies, procedures and work area schedule.
* Complete work orders on schedule to ensure a constant flow of product and to maintain efficiencies.
* Advise management of adverse manufacturing and/or equipment conditions and issues that are affecting the production and/or
* Identify overdue or potentially overdue work orders and alert managers.
* Adhere to all established health and safety rules.
* Notify manager of all NCM (non-conforming material).
* Constantly review current manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
* Recommend changes to eliminate waste and to promote cost reductions without sacrificing quality.
* Ability to build ATO and ETO products.
* Great eye for detail.
* Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, work orders, procedures and follows verbal directions.
* Assists in the creation of work procedures.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair product.
* Excellent quality Computer literacy.
* Entry level knowledge of the MRP system Highly efficient.
* Ability to cross-train other assemblers effectively.
* Works closely with the DENG and PENG groups.
* Offers suggestions on standard processes to ensure DENG is designing product using productions standard processing to help in the easy transition of product from DENG to PENG.
* Evaluation of performance will be based on ability to: Produce quality products in accordance to standards.
* Meet and improve on established standard times for standard operations.
* Follow all applicable manufacturing procedures and documentation.
* Follow work order activities established via manufacturing reports.
* Accurately record labour time to all work order operations into the MRP system.
* Clean and maintain equipment (including tools and fixtures).
* Participate in the Company's Lean and Continuous Improvement programs.
* Time and attendance (including the accurate reporting of time and attendance).
* Maintain work area at the 5s standards.
* Work with Team members with mutual respect and understanding.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Minimum 2 years related experience.
* Experience with hand soldering and using a microscope.
* Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment.
* Good manual dexterity.
* Computer skills.
* Must be a highly organized, self-managed individual who works independently with minimum supervision and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work overtime as needed.
* Ability to sit and work under a microscope for extended amount of time.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Enjoy contributing to a diverse manufacturing group.
* Ability to be a team player and embrace change.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website