Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a After Sales Service & Strategy Manager to join us in our Waltham, MA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Manager, After Sales Service & Strategy will manage a team consisting of highly skilled Technicians and Administrators involved in the after sales service of advanced analytical instrumentation.
As a Manager working on the After Sales Service team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by providing leadership, collaboration, and customer focus. In a typical day, you will:
* Closely monitor repairs and calibrations of advanced scientific instruments, and maintain the processes associated with that task.
* Manage service inventory to ensure required parts are on hand.
* Manage training of local and global technicians to ensure highest standards of repair are maintained in all regions.
* Collaborate with other department managers to ensure effective communication channels exist and urgent issues are properly addressed.
* Balance department costs and spending with needs for tooling and supplies.
* Work closely and communicate effectively with peer department leaders and especially with department head.
* Coach, develop, train, mentor staff providing career guidance, advancement opportunities, and performance management as required.
* Manage priority action plans aimed at meeting/exceeding department KPIs.
* Maintain responsibility for contributing to, executing, and sustaining strategic initiatives for the After Sales Service department.
* Develop and lead a small team of service strategists (existing service employees) with an initial strategic goal of developing/executing a plan to expand/improve ANI/NDT global services.
* Work closely with applications specialists, engineers, scientists, and administrators to ensure service needs are met by other departments and that service fulfills its obligations to other departments.
* Cultivate and maintain a collaborative and friendly relationship with all other organizational departments as well as global service centers.
* Maintain/cultivate a strong spirit of continuous improvement and process streamlining through an open minded approach and employee empowerment.
* Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in business or other discipline is preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years leadership experience supervising or managing a service facility with growing levels of responsibility is required.
* Minimum of 5 years in a technical repair environment as a technician or technical leader is required.
* Lean certification is a plus.
* Familiarity with management tools and processes is essential.
* Must be able to provide good examples of team leadership and project completion is preferred.
* Must have experience in LEAN principles and 5S.
* Must be a self-starter and independent worker.
* Must be able to lead small groups in discussion and planning.
* Must have a friendly and approachable demeanor.
* Must exhibit exemplary interpersonal skills with strong desires to coach and mentor.
* Must exhibit strong problem solving skills.
* Must exhibit logical and decisive decision making abilities with justification.
* Must be proficient with all standard MS Office applications.
* Must be detail oriented and be able to construct professionally formatted documents free of spelling and grammatical mistakes.
* Must be proficient at creating professional PowerPoint presentations.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website