Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Quality Technician I to join us in our Brenigsville, PA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Quality Technician I is responsible for supporting the Quality department and promoting quality improvements. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting Quality Engineers with coordinating and implementing projects. He/She will install and maintain shop floor workstations and equipment. The incumbent will also recommend cost effective process procedures. The Quality Technician will execute test/validation protocols. The incumbent will also collaborate with value stream and/or engineering staff to solve technical, facilities and quality issues.
In a typical day, you will:
* Perform incoming or first article inspection.
* Create supporting records and reports.
* Understand lot sampling per ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008.
* Perform final/sterile release of products.
* Perform in-process inspections.
* Perform label inspection.
* Perform DHR final review.
* Perform specified functional inspection tests.
* Participate in cross-functional teams to solve quality issues.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
* Assist co-workers with training of Quality standards and requirements.
* Communicate inspection information to Operations and Quality personnel.
* Initiate NCR (non-conforming report) and/or coordinate MRB activities.
* Assist Quality Engineers with data-gathering activities to support validations and/or studies.
* Utilize knowledge of quality metrics and statistical metrics i.e. population mean, process capability and standard deviation.
* Complete basic charts using Microsoft tools.
* Identify outliers in data using statistical tools.
* Coach operations staff on Quality requirements.
* Initiate change orders to support Quality Engineering to maintain Quality documentation (Inspection instructions, work instructions, etc.).
* Operate advanced measurement systems.
* Coordinate and/or Perform calibration activities.
* Maintain acceptable standards for attendance and work overtime as needed.
* Perform all other essential related duties as required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required; 2-year Technical Degree is preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Quality Control regulated industry is required or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of year of Metrology experience
* ASQ Certification preferred.
* Knowledge of ISO13485/FDA quality system regulations.
* Must be detail-oriented Must possess effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Must have working knowledge of quality metrics and statistical metrics i.e. population mean, process capability and standard deviation.
* Must be able to complete basic charts using Microsoft tools.
* Must have an understanding of statistical tools and be able to identify outliers in data.
* Must have knowledge and experience to operate the following inspection tools:Caliper, Micrometer, Optical Comparator, CMM, Pin Gages, Microscope.
* Must have the knowledge and experience to operate the following advanced measurement systems: Vision System, SmartScope .
* Intermediate computer skills as required to perform job duties.
* Ability to perform required duties with minimum supervision.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website