Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Repair Technician Services Supervisor to join us in our Richmond Hill, ON office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Repair Supervisor is to understand the function of the equipment being serviced. He or She maintains responsibility for ensuring that all repairs are completed within mission critical timelines and ensure the most productive use of the technician's time following SOPs, WIs, company policies/processes/procedures and ensure they are up to company standards/practices. The incumbent will impact customer satisfaction and needs to be customer centered. The supervisor champions, develops and promotes quality activities to meet regulatory and quality requirements while supporting business goals and improving customer satisfaction.
In a typical day, you will:
* Ensures the technicians meet established quality standards and productivity goals to meet defined KPI (Key Process Indicators).
* Distributes work assignments and ensures timely completion of those assignments.
* Manage employee attendance using current Time & Attendance System.
* Assists technicians with problem repairs and helps find solutions.
* Works with the Manager to schedule technical training.
* The Supervisor must understand PDCA, Root Cause Analysis and the 5 "WHY" concept how apply to them the repair process.
* Understand the concept of 5S and be able to identify areas of improvement.
* The supervisor is responsible for providing guidance and leadership to repair lines to achieve delivery, cost and quality targets.
* Promote participation of Continuous Improvement initiatives throughout the repair process.
* Supervises the technical repair area and repair technicians.
* Manages the shift/schedules based on business needs ensuring there is sufficient coverage per shift.
* Reviews and approves all direct reports vacation requests and time sheets on a timely basis to ensure timely payroll processing.
* Assists the Manager in managing employees, by evaluating employee performance and ensuring employees meet established standards.
* Ensures the technicians meet production goals and productivity & quality standards.
* Works with Manager on hiring, training new staff and employee performance management.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
*Hepatitis B vaccination is recommended for employees who are at risk for exposure to blood or other bodily fluids on the job.
Service responsibilities include the handling of products and equipment that may have potentially come into contact with blood or bodily fluids. OCI requires that all employees working in areas that may be exposed to these risk, either provide proof of the Twinrix (Hepatitis A and B) vaccination or sign a waiver accepting the possible risk of exposure from not being vaccinated. If you have severe allergies or ever had a severe allergic reaction to a vaccine, please seek medical advice before taking this vaccine.
* Degree/College diploma in electronics or business or equivalent knowledge.
* Minimum five year's experience in service and/or repair would be an asset.
* Strong supervisory and conflict resolution skills.
* Communication skills both verbally and written Strong interpersonal skills.
* Proven leadership skills to manage performance and inspire team to achieve results.
* Employee performance assessment knowledge.
* Computer literacy including software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook etc.)
* Six Sigma White Belt preferred.
* Strong endoscope repair experience is an asset but not required.
* Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and through change.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website