Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Sales Development Representative to join us in the Medical Device Sales.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Sales Development Program is committed to developing recent graduates into future sales Territory Managers through challenging in-house and field-based assignments within our Medical Systems Group (MSG). This comprehensive rotational training program includes continuous development opportunities that will allow candidates to advance their professional sales career at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.
The Sales Development Program is designed to prepare participants to enter the Olympus Medical Systems Group (MSG) through a comprehensive rotational experience within the following functions: Sales Training, Product Marketing/Management and Field Sales.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will gain in-house, corporate-based experience through a 9-month rotation in Sales Training and a 6-month rotation in Product Marketing/Management. The in-house experience is followed by 12 months within an assigned field-based territory as part of a specific regional sales team. The responsibilities and assignments within each rotation will vary based on business and territory need.
The Sales Development Program will begin in June, 2020.
As a Sales Development Representative working in Medical Device sales, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by provide sales, service, and support directly affecting Olympus customers and potential customers. In a typical day, you will:
* Complete intensive virtual and classroom training curriculum, inclusive of: sales process training, clinical training, business acumen training and medical device product training
* Collaborate with Sales Training personnel, Product Managers and Sales Leadership executives to complete special projects as assigned
* Participate in and assist in the planning and development of major sales training events and product management meetings
* Facilitate product training sessions for newly hired sales representatives and lead various business presentations
* Analyze and assess the performance of product lines and develop strategic initiatives to maintain and expand market share
* Develop, implement and manage an effective territory management plan in collaboration with an established Field Sales Trainer and Regional Vice President of Sales
* Conduct effective product in-servicing, demonstrations and evaluations for entire device portfolio
* Participate in various learning and development workshops, training sessions and conferences.
Throughout the program, the candidate will be exposed to a dynamic, fast-paced environment designed to develop exceptional business acumen and clinical selling skills.
Upon successful completion of the program, the Sales Development Representative will be eligible to advance into a full-time position within our Field Sales Organization and relocate to an assigned territory nation-wide as determined by availability, and as directed by executive management.
Majors under consideration for this program are:
* Business Administration
* Professional Sales
* Health Sciences
* or any combination or related fields.
* Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required; Program limited to undergraduate and graduate degrees only.
* Demonstrated ability to balance academic and extracurricular commitments (i.e. work experience, clubs, volunteer activities, teams, etc.). Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
* Program limited to students who complete their undergraduate or graduate degree between December 2019 – June 2020.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* A passion for continued learning is essential.
* Past internship experience in relevant areas is preferred.
* Must be comfortable with quantitative and qualitative analysis and take a creative, yet pragmatic, approach to problem solving while maintaining quality.
* Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly, to work collaboratively, and to influence others.
* Must have strong computer skills.
* The successful candidate must be willing to accept rotations in the Medical Systems Group offices in Center Valley, PA or Southborough, MA and within any field-based sales territory throughout the United States.
* The successful candidate must be interested in a career in Sales and willing to relocate after program completion.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website