Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join us in our State College, PA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Senior Electrical Engineer performs engineering design and development tasks, and assist in various phases of ongoing projects. Work with a dynamic team of systems, software, electrical, and mechanical engineers to improve existing and create new best-in-class products
In a typical day, you will:
* Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, and embedded firmware for electronic equipment, or other hardware systems and/or electrical engineering applications.
* May serve as a mentor to junior employees and interns.
* Create and maintain document specifications for new and mature products.
* Maintain responsibility for CAD, documentation, and use of the department's configuration control system (such as specifications, ECNs and First Article Approvals).
* Participate in design qualification testing.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering required (Electrical or Computer preferred).
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Electronics/Electrical Engineering design, support and documentation (or 4+ years with MS, or 2+ years with PhD).
* Strong knowledge of schematic capture tools in implementing schematic designs for analog and digital circuits.
* Strong knowledge of PCB layout tools in creating multi-layer PCBs using signal integrity best practices.
* Knowledge of Mentor Graphics PADS/Draftsight layout tools in designing PCBs.
* Experience with using LabVIEW, or another programming language in the context of electronics design.
* Ability to work well individually and as a member of a team.
* Experience in Eddy Current and/or phased array ultrasound is preferred but not required.
* Good attention to detail.
* Good verbal and written communication skills# Strong work ethic
* Ability to design analog and digital circuits as it applies to data acquisition digital signal processing systems.# Knowledge of Verilog HDL for FPGA
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website