Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Senior Global Product Manager to join us in our Littleton, MA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
As a Senior Product Manager working on the Customer Solutions (CS) team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will lead the definition, development, and commercialization of products and services that drive the realization of the CS vision which is to connect healthcare teams with each other and the clinical and operational information they need when and where they need it. Our mission is to create more highly functioning teams and a superior experience for clinicians and their patients in the operating room and throughout the hospital.
This role is global in scope and requires a blend of technical product ownership and savvy business management skills.
In a typical day you will:
* Lead the definition, development, and commercialization of new products and services and collaborate with your regional market colleagues to ensure these solutions are commercially successful through appropriate pricing, targeting, and product feature set availability.
* Ensure product success in global markets through development/delivery of effective product training, a compelling value proposition, globally-relevant messaging, and other sales tools; ensure sales/markets understands and can effectively leverage for competitive advantage.
* Regularly engage with customers, prospects, partners, sales, and marketing to accurately understand the needs of the market; represent the customer and effectively use voice of the customer insights in all phases of product conception and development.
* Serve as go-to product expert across the organization and participate in tradeshows, thought-leadership activities, and provide strategic, forward-looking input to tenders/RFPs.
* Develop/communicate a strong vision for your product, creating a multi-year roadmap and maintaining prioritized feature backlog; work closely with R&D and program management stakeholders to plan the timing and content of releases; review and approve ECOs for your product(s).
* Use detailed market, technology, and competitive sources to develop product/market requirements and user stories for all aspects of the product including licensing, ordering, installation, service, cost of ownership, and support.
* Work with markets to maintain multi-year product forecasts; use business systems to track unit sales, revenue, costs, profitability.
* Deeply understand the competitive landscape to inform product positioning and sustainable differentiation.
* Contribute to and review collateral and technical documentation for accuracy and completeness; lead product validation efforts.
* Manage beta, pilot, customer advisory, and user community programs.
* Build strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Perform all other tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline; Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years of successful product management experience with 5 or more years managing commercially available business to business products. Product management experience should include both product-ownership and business ownership of assigned product line(s) for multiple, global markets.
* Successful candidate will have experience with several of the following:
- Hospital IT integration
- Surgical workflows and operating room procedures
- Enterprise security
- Baseband video, digital video, audio
- Custom hardware, appliances, sensors
* Track record of commercial success in high-cadence, collaborative product delivery environments.
* Ability to rapidly establish credibility with key R&D and customer stakeholders; mature technical and business judgement
* Ability to travel within the US and internationally up to 25%.
* Experience delivering products using Agile methodologies; CSM and/or CSPO certifications.
* Experience with the following:
- Value-add services
- Usability testing, rapid wire framing
- REST, SOAP APIs
- Cloud-based infrastructure
* Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the strategic and the tactical, delivering high quality, high output results.
* Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Adept at translating customer feedback and insights to technical colleagues. Credible and compelling presenter to internal and customer audiences, including executives.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Demonstrated ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams through influence rather than direct authority.
Apply on company website