Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer to join us in our Littleton, MA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer working on the Customer Solutions (CS) team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will drive the successful innovation and commercialization of the CS product portfolio as a technical subject matter expert. Working closely with product line managers, R&D, product support, design, sales engineering, sales, and downstream marketing you will be a key contributor in the realization of the CS vision which is to connect healthcare teams with each other and the clinical and operational information they need when and where they need it. Our mission is to create more highly functioning teams and a superior experience for clinicians and their patients in the operating room and throughout the hospital.
You will develop user and technical level expertise for each product including enterprise medical recording and documentation, content management, OR integration, and advanced video collaboration, enabling you on a typical day to
* Manage onsite showroom of product/new technology/competitive product stations for internal and occasional customer audiences - onsite and remote.
* Develop new demonstration resources as new products/features are created.
* Collaborate with downstream marketing colleagues on optimal configurations for demonstrating product set at tradeshows/conferences.
* Collaborate with product managers to manage lifecycle, catalog, and pricing for A/V accessories (e.g. displays, microphones, video converters, and wiring subsystems) and custom specials.
* Author/co-author/maintain white papers, customer-facing technical collateral, competitive matrices.
* Participate in review of product documentation and product user interfaces as a subject matter expert to ensure technical correctness, consistency with marketing messages, and usability.
* Conduct competitive analyses, including hands-on evaluations.
* Lead product validation and sprint demo testing.
* Identify and recommend validation requirements and testing configurations that reflect customer security, reliability, workflow and ease of use needs.
* Develop and deliver new product training to global downstream marketing teams (train the trainer model).
* Follow and analyze industry/technical trends to determine potential impact to current product value propositions, recommend future architectural/technical directions, and identify possible new use cases for our products. Evaluate product/technology alternatives for current and future product lines.
* Assist with marketing research and other customer testing projects through logistics support, data analysis, creation of spreadsheets, and pulling data from various databases and other applications.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 5 or more years' experience in technical marketing, Systems Engineering or equivalent roles.
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical field; preferably EE.
* Theoretical and hands-on audio and video technology experience including media players, video conferencing codecs, recording devices, PTZ and fixed cameras, microphones and push to talk systems, scalers, amplifiers and splitters.
* Ability to interact with healthcare stakeholders.
* Requires a customer-centric mindset and a proactive, can-do attitude
* Travel Required – 10-15%.
* User-level and administrative knowledge of Windows, Windows Server, Mac/OS, and Android or iOS platforms; IP networking.
* Advanced proficiency with business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
* Strong written, oral and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical and market issues clearly.
* Strong hands-on skills for interoperability testing and validation activities.
* Experience working independently and on teams to complete projects applying sound technical/business judgment and experience.
* Ability to build relationships with peers and among sales and systems engineering staff, cross functional stakeholders, vendor partners and customers.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website