Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We're currently looking for a Technical Support Engineer I to join us in our Center Valley, PA office.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Technical Support Engineer I maintains responsibility for all facets of providing centralized Customer support concerning all Medical Systems Group electronic video personal computer and network products to OAI customers Sales Representatives Field Service Engineers (FSEs) and other related departments.
As a Technical Support Engineer I working on the Technical Assistance Center team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by assisting customers with technical issues, researching complex problems, and striving for customer satisfaction. In a typical day, you will:
* Answer inbound customer calls make outbound calls as necessary. Investigate and resolve issues problems concerning all Medical products and update incident tickets and enter information in department database to permit generation of accurate reports regarding frequency of incidents and costs of repairs.
* Provide nationwide technical support to the Field Service Engineers Sales Representatives Customer Service Representatives and Customers.
* Provide 24/7 technical support on a rotating basis as required.
* Prepare and disseminate technical material to the Field Service Engineers Sales Representatives Customer Service Representatives and customer base.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot the entire range of company electronic video and computer related products in response to customer calls faxes or e mails.
* Dispatch Field Service Engineers to customers for on site repair as needed after determining the nature of the problem and the probable extent of repairs.
* Prepare technical manuals reports documentation and other related materials as required.
* Submit activity reports daily and monthly logs.
* Maintain the test equipment rack make necessary repairs or replace test equipment to replicate customer conditions.
* Provide supplemental field support as required Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Establish & Maintain Partnership with all FSE Sales Reps and Management to Support Defined Business Requirements and Drive Customer Satisfaction.
* Maintain responsibility for the Collection and Entry of incident tickets. Ensure Integrity of Data Provided (Prior to Entry).
* Work with external departments as applicable to monitor product issues.
* Support other related departments (i.e. software Regulatory etc.) as required to drive customer satisfaction.
* Successful Completion of All Training and Certification Programs (Certification Defined as 80% or Higher).
* Other training as required Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Minimum of an Associate's degree in a related field (electronic or mechanical technology or computer science) and one year experience OR a Certificate in a related field (electronic or mechanical technology or computer science equivalent experience) and two years experience repairing and or trouble shooting electrical or electro mechanical equipment.
* Individual must possess a high degree of self reliance initiative and creativity.
* Individual must be able to work independently.
* Must work well under pressure.
* Work flexible hours as required.
* Experience in telephone support a plus.
* IT Support/Network Knowledge a plus.
* Extensive user experience with personal computers and working knowledge of popular software packages such as MS Office etc.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
* Knowledge of electronic and video systems.
* Knowledge of medical instrumentation hospital equipment systems a plus.
* High degree of personal organization.
* Ability to interact with field personnel management and customers.
* Cooperate and participate as an effective team member in creating a positive working environment.
* Demonstrate positive OAI corporate citizenship.
* Ensure professional and timely communication with customers and sales reps in accordance with established Customer Service protocols.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Apply on company website