You're considering a career with a financial institution that puts Members first and takes care of Employees. OnPoint Mortgage is a key, growing piece of the success at OnPoint and we are looking for a skilled underwriting professional.
As an OnPoint employee, you are rewarded, acknowledged and appreciated. Employees receive a generous vacation package, competitive hourly pay, 100% - paid employee medical, dental and vision premiums, Tri-Met reimbursement / parking passes, 401k matching, tuition reimbursement, paid volunteer hours and more! We believe in growth and foster a culture of success and promotion from within.
Mortgage Underwriter II is a highly skilled underwriter, well versed in the full aspects of loan underwriting in all critical areas including DU, LP and Portfolio Lending. This position is well adept at managing high volume work, handling escalated files, and provides high level support as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working in real estate origination, operations, servicing, quality control or other real estate underwriting.
- Underwrites mortgage loans in accordance with OnPoint and/or Agency secondary marketing guidelines and approval limits.
- Monitors work queues to ensure compliance with established Service Level Agreements.
- Handles escalated files in a timely manner.
- Prepares all forms of approval and declination that are sent to members.
- Maintains and provides current information on investor or underwriting changes.
- Prepares documents of approval and declination that are sent to members.
- Reviews appraisals, condos and inspections for collateral acceptability.
- Assists in coordination and review of any loan requested for investor audit.
- Accurately interprets and train others in investor guideline changes for all product offerings.
- Supports in mentoring with our Operations partners.
- Maintain program fact sheets for all product offerings.
- Reviews acceptability and efficiency of all processes within area, and works with manager to implement changes as appropriate.
- Perform other projects or duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of all areas relating to mortgage transactions with specific emphasis on credit and collateral underwriting.
- Proficiency in operating Agency loan origination automated underwriting systems (DU and LP)
- Sound administrative skills.
- Effective and strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to organize and disseminate information.
- Ability to perform detailed tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
Apply on company website