It's a great time to join OnTrac, as we move into the holiday season, we are looking for our next General Manager to lead our Sacramento facility.
Keys to success for a General Manager
Do you have strong business and technical acumen? Do you advocate and lead change? Are you continuously looking for ways to improve yourself and the people around you? Do you enjoy engaging with the team and inspiring others? Are you driven and focused on customer and teammate satisfaction? If so, you could be our next top performing General Manager!
What you'll do as a General Manager
- Reporting into the Regional Director, you'll be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the units and team members within the facility.
- Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment for our 50 +
- Guide and direct facility management (100,000 sq. ft) in the development, production, promotion, and financial aspects of the organization's services.
- Direct plan and budget preparation based on corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintain strong, effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining engineered staffing levels for all positions. This will include coaching, skills development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity for hourly and salaried positions in the facility.
- Develop and install procedures and controls to promote effective communication and adequate information flow within the branch facility.
- Evaluate the results of overall operations regularly. Systematically report these results to the Regional Operations and General Managers.
- Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Ensures adherences to all aspects of the contract and work with Vendors and Independent Contractors for accountability to the operating agreement
- Ensure all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Perform any other task or assignment as deemed necessary by the organization.
What you'll need to be a successful General Manager of our warehouse
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics or related field strongly preferred.
- 10 years management experience, 5 in similar industry; or equivalent combination of both education and specific work experience.
- Experience with an Independent Contractor Model
- Strong negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day facility needs
- Ability to inspire a shared vision, empower and engage a team
- Experience working with a Material Handler Systems (MHS) is huge plus
- Distribution, Logistics or transportation background helpful
- Experience with MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, and other simple mathematical computations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in warehouse environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The physical activity associated with this position is considered high. The employee will occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move items averaging 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Apply on company website