The Legal Assistant provides clerical support and assistance to the attorneys and paralegals in the Legal Department. The Legal Assistant is responsible for assisting legal counsel with responding to subpoenas and other document requests, file maintenance, processing and coding invoices, maintaining tracking logs and databases, mail handling, and other duties to ensure the efficiency of the department.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist legal counsel with responding to subpoenas and other document requests.
- Assist legal counsel and paralegals with clerical functions to improve the efficiency and performance of the Legal Department.
- File and perform file maintenance, including the opening, closing, and retention process for each.
- Process and code invoices for payment and maintain database relating to same; communicate with inside counsel, outside counsel, and vendors regarding same.
- Maintain tracking logs.
- Sort and distribute department mail.
- Assist with document review for administrative claims or litigation.
- Assist with coordination of contract review process, including maintenance of contract databases.
- Draft and send correspondence as needed.
- Upload and scan documents.
- High School diploma.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- General clerical background, including typing, filing, sorting, copying, data entry.
- Strong organizational/time management skills.
- High attention to accuracy and detail.
- Solid verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Discretion and good judgment with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently and productively in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment.
Apply on company website