The Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst performs technical analysis and monitoring of system issues and outages as they occur across the enterprise. Performs research to troubleshoot and resolve issues and, depending upon complexity, escalates the issue to system administrators, system engineers, and developers. Must be able to prioritize remediation of issues and proactively manage events in a 24 x 7 environment with critical uptime requirements. The NOC Analyst is responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies, and must maintain current and thorough knowledge of technologies and their significance to the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitor a wide variety of applications, operating systems, servers and network components to ensure stability of digital commerce, store systems and other critical services.
- Perform basic system administration tasks such as network/system troubleshooting, patching operating systems, supporting application deployments, and executing various scripts.
- Prevent and shorten duration of system outages impacting enterprise operations.
- Provide timely response and resolution to all incidents, outages and performance alerts.
- Categorize and escalate issues to appropriate technical teams.
- Provide enterprise-wide communication pertaining to outages/incidents.
- Notify identified stakeholders of service impacting issues, outages and remediation status.
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact.
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages.
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures.
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles.
- Support multiple technical teams in a 24 x 7 operational environment with high uptime requirements.
- Varied shift schedules will include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience in related field or equivalent.
- Fundamental knowledge of server administration or related area.
- Understanding of basic system monitoring techniques and tools.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with stake holders and technical personnel in high-stress situations.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Previous system administration, service desk or NOC experience strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
Apply on company website