To administer and oversee WAN network implementation, organization, and troubleshooting. To oversee and assist technical support staff in managing network equipment including modems, routers, switches and servers; to monitor underlying communications protocols and supporting network hardware. Monitor and identify potential chronic issues.
Essential Job Functions
- 4th level of escalation for store, distribution center and remote office communications issues.
- Responsible for implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of store/DC WAN.
- Uses best practices to ensure network security and maintain PCI compliance of over 4600 firewalls.
- Responsible for daily firewall scans and quarterly firewall reviews to ensure PCI compliance.
- Monitors utilization and performs upgrades in accordance with capacity planning guidelines.
- Manage all WAN network projects working with telecom, service vendors, stores and DCs.
- Other projects/duties as required or assigned by Director.
- Configure and maintain network monitoring system.
- Ensure critical network components are under current service contract.
- Create and manage scripts/programs to automate network management tasks.
- Develop processes and procedures to improve workflow and maximize abilities for help support staff.
- Mentor junior technicians to improve skills and allow tasks to be performed at lowest possible level.
Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with data networking and IP routing.
- Must be familiar with Cisco CLI, BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN, IPSEC, TCP/UDP and LAN switching.
- CCNA level proficiency desired.
- 2 years of WAN administration experience.
- Some O'Reilly experience.
- Knowledge of WLAN and VOIP a plus.
Apply on company website